Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WATER IN ENGINE OIL~~~LOTS of WATER !

Title says it all........

This fellow brings me his 2004 GTX~S/C (no I/C) and says it's been sitting 2 years while he went through some serious Med. problems/hospitalization after a killer car wreck.

Turns over but wont start, even with a new Gel Battery, sounds like the engine is straining to turn over. Suspect a weak Starter Motor so I remove the Spark Plugs to test engine turnover w/o compression and dirty (rusty ???) water comes out the Spark Plug holes when I turn over the engine.

I remove the Elbow Pipe from the Supercharger INTAKE side and about a cup of water comes out of the Tube. Oh Gawd, how did this happen?! He says he turned it over in the lake once, but turned it right back over and it ran fine then and ran on the lake another time before it was sitting for 2 years.

Well, all I did so far was remove the Oil Filter and suction pump out the Oily Water (Looks light Coffee Brown with Triple Cream color) and put in about 2 1/2 quarts of Oil (No new Filter yet) at a time, got the engine to turn over, ran it for about 15 seconds on the hose, then suction pump that Oily Water out again.

I have done this repeatedly for over 3 1/2 gallons of Oil and the engine runs better every time,, but the Oil which is sucked out is still that contaminted Coffee//Triple Cream light brown color. I tried a fresh Oil Filter with the next "Oil Change" but this didn't help.

Any ides or tech. procedures on how to get *all* the oil/water out without pulling the engine ?
    I don't recall ever seeing a "drain plug" on the bottom of a 4-Tech engine case before, but I may be overlooking something.

Amazingly, the engine 'sounds' OK when it runs, smokes a little, idles @ 1480, Supercharger sounds normal, but I havn't run it on the water yet so.......

Any ideas on how to help this guy out are appreciated.

Thank you all for any ideas in advance,
    David

+1
    I bet that engine throws a rod.
    No way a crank can rust that much and live but who knows??

Keep changing the oil and filter every other time you do the oil.

Good Luck!

There actually is a place you can drain the oil. It is a little screw in the front (near gas tank) oil cover at the bottom, but this would make a mess inside the engine compartment.

If I were you I would pull the engine and check everything out, best case is a rusted valve breaking within the first couple hours of use, worse case is a rod through the block.

If the engine is not properly gone through it will need to be replaced before the season is done.

Before to spend any more money on oil and filters , pull the valve cover off and see what the rocker and timing chain looks like.

Bet they look like crap , if so its a lost cause. Needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

+1
    Yea you have good parts now that only need cleaning, if you loose a part and take out cases, the head, the oil pumps or anything it is gonna quadruple the cost of the repair.

Pick up some engine flush and throw that in the oil. It will help loosen up the contaminated sludge and make it fluid like again long enough to get most if not all of it out. Just add it to the oil in there now, run it until it gets good and warm then drain it out or vacuum it, however you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    Pick up some engine flush and throw that in the oil. It will help loosen up the contaminated sludge and make it fluid like again long enough to get most if not all of it out. Just add it to the oil in there now, run it until it gets good and warm then drain it out or vacuum it, however you prefer.

Is this "Engine Flush" something I can get at NAPA or Advance Auto store ?

It wont cause any harm (like it really matters at this point ) to this type Sea Doo engine will it ?

Anyone know the Thread Size // Pitch of that drain Plug under the Oil Pump ? Perhaps I can cobble together some fittings and suck the Oil out from there if it will get more Oil out than the Dipstick Oil sucker method.

Thanx for the input, any more is appreciated.

By the Way, what does a Long Block + Supercharger cost ?

I don't know where you're located but if in Canada, Canadian Tire sells engine flush and if in the U.S. I'm sure I've seen it in Walmart as well. But yeah I don't see why UAP/Napa or even a Pep Boys wouldn't sell it. I don't recall but it is a 4-stroke right? That's what this stuff is meant for anyway. I really doubt it will do any damage to a small engine, just do a little math to make sure you're getting the right quantities in together. If it says add one bottle to 1 gallon of oil but you're machine only holds a 1/2 gallon, then only use a 1/2 bottle. It's an idea anyway, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Title says it all........

This fellow brings me his 2004 GTX~S/C (no I/C) and says it's been sitting 2 years while he went through some serious Med. problems/hospitalization after a killer car wreck.

Turns over but wont start, even with a new Gel Battery, sounds like the engine is straining to turn over. Suspect a weak Starter Motor so I remove the Spark Plugs to test engine turnover w/o compression and dirty (rusty ???) water comes out the Spark Plug holes when I turn over the engine.

I remove the Elbow Pipe from the Supercharger INTAKE side and about a cup of water comes out of the Tube. Oh Gawd, how did this happen?! He says he turned it over in the lake once, but turned it right back over and it ran fine then and ran on the lake another time before it was sitting for 2 years.

Well, all I did so far was remove the Oil Filter and suction pump out the Oily Water (Looks light Coffee Brown with Triple Cream color) and put in about 2 1/2 quarts of Oil (No new Filter yet) at a time, got the engine to turn over, ran it for about 15 seconds on the hose, then suction pump that Oily Water out again.

I have done this repeatedly for over 3 1/2 gallons of Oil and the engine runs better every time,, but the Oil which is sucked out is still that contaminted Coffee//Triple Cream light brown color. I tried a fresh Oil Filter with the next "Oil Change" but this didn't help.

Any ides or tech. procedures on how to get *all* the oil/water out without pulling the engine ?
    I don't recall ever seeing a "drain plug" on the bottom of a 4-Tech engine case before, but I may be overlooking something.

Amazingly, the engine 'sounds' OK when it runs, smokes a little, idles @ 1480, Supercharger sounds normal, but I havn't run it on the water yet so.......

Any ideas on how to help this guy out are appreciated.

Thank you all for any ideas in advance,
    David
    Maybe this will help. this is what Lurker is posting about. second pic to the right, by the wire wheel is an allen screw that's the drain. Keep fushing and running the the engine untill the oil clears up. good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1030.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	695.7 KB 
ID:	80496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1031.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	726.4 KB 
ID:	80497  
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 06-29-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Is this "Engine Flush" something I can get at NAPA or Advance Auto store ?

It wont cause any harm (like it really matters at this point ) to this type Sea Doo engine will it ?

Anyone know the Thread Size // Pitch of that drain Plug under the Oil Pump ? Perhaps I can cobble together some fittings and suck the Oil out from there if it will get more Oil out than the Dipstick Oil sucker method.

Thanx for the input, any more is appreciated.

By the Way, what does a Long Block + Supercharger cost ?
    YES, I have used that in saving my RXP. I used that for years in all my vehicles and keeps the inside of my engine clean and gum free. I used that on my RXP 2X after I took in salt water 2X. I got it at pep boys and Kragen. I used 1040 grade cheap sacrificial oil to flush the engine. You don't have to keep changing the oil filter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information