Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1994 SS XI 750 Not Firing.??????

I just traded for a 93&94 SS XI 750.Both had been setting up for a year or so. I was able to get the 93 running(had a fuel line problem).The 94 isnt firing at all. I have tried the coil,voltage regulator,igniter box,starter relay,plugs,plug wires,plug caps all from the 93 and still no fire.I have checked all wire conections I can find. Anyone know of anything else to do? Thanks !
    Last edited by twadd10; 06-30-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Did you try looking under the flywheel cover at the pulser coil for any possible faults?

+1
    how did u test the cdi box?

i had that ski back in the days and the cdi went bad several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    Did you try looking under the flywheel cover at the pulser coil for any possible faults?
    Sorry I'm kinda new to this,can I do this with the engine still in the ski? Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by inchadeboca View Post
    how did u test the cdi box?

i had that ski back in the days and the cdi went bad several times.
    I tried the one from the other ski. Thanks !!

I think it can be done in the ski but I haven't seen the engine orientation so I don't know for sure. The engine may need to be pulled depending on what is around the flywheel cover.

I was able to pull the flywheel cover off.Should I buy a new pulsar coil and try it or is there a way to check the old one. When I turn the engine over the lights on the gas gauge light up so is my stator good and just my pulsar coil bad ?? Thanks !!
    Last edited by twadd10; 06-30-2008 at 09:16 PM.

The lights on the dash are just because the battery is supplying the power there. The pulser coil is what picks up the signal from the flywheel and sends it to the CDI, then it leaves there to everywhere else. If you can get a manual do some testing on it for resistance values. If it has higher than spec values it could be a bad ground, defective pulser, or broken wire somewhere in the harness.

Where can I buy just a pulsar coil, I cant find a place online.

I don't know if Kawasaki is still supporting parts for that age. I can't think of any other possibilities dude, no spark when everything else has been changed is a matter of trial and error. You may have a bad connection in the start stop switch, or a broken ground. Maybe a broken wire in the harness or a connector that the wire backed out of somewhere. It's all time from there out. The best thing you can do with ANY problem be it electrical, fuel, or engine is start with the basics. Keep a log of what you do and look at the absolute easiest of things first. For all you know there could be a wire just not in where it should be or a plug that was forgotten or not properly plugged in. Try not to spend if you can help it...Kawi stand-ups were a very reliable ski so it can't be too serious. Good luck with your efforts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information