Thread: Your oppinion

Your oppinion

I am thinking of putting a greenwheel and a intercooler on my 185 ski... So when i upgrade i can put it on the new ski.. So do i need to change out the pistons on my ski i heard they arent that strong, if i do how much and where can i get em? Also a bigger air intake ive been told to go custom, i guess its considerable amount cheaper... But im not good with that kind of stuff... What should i do? Oh this weekend i was out riding and i sucked up something horrible vibrations and loud noise shut it off stuck my hand up in there and couldnt find anything so i got back on the ski and it still did it... So i idled home (didnt vibrate or sound weird in idle) then i shut it off agian and then it worked just fine... Should i be worried about anything?

Thanks, Dylan

Pineville, LA
    Cavitation. Look closely at the impeller blades for anything and everything. Imagine a stick/twig the size of a toothpick stuck on the blade of the impeller. Something that small can cause severe cavitation. Look for rocks wedged between the blades and/or wear ring.

You should be able to idle normally and even a very slight throttle, but anything more than that will cause that aweful noise and vibration. It may call for pulling the pump to double check everything.

Thread Information