Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Well victum of Clutch Slipping w/ Les's Washiers..

Well I guess I spoke to soon about my metal clutch washiers being worry free as saturday I put a new 15-20r on my ski and I was ripping it. 8100rpm's and 74+, at about 7.6 lbs of boost. "ALL DAY!"

Then today I was only able to get 72 at 8000rpm's and 7.2lbs of boost.
    I did notice that the boost came up when the ski got hot. I was thinking it was because the metal in the clutch washiers expanded with the heat to improve the slip movement and make it slightly come up and In turn some of my rpm's and boost slightly came back..

How do ya'll notice a Slipping clutch? Am I on the wright track?

Well I guess I found a reason to buy the dam Torq wrench.

I was also able to score this!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Last edited by Water4fire; 07-09-2006 at 08:30 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    are u pretty much convinced it's the clutch and not something else? i think that's a big conclusion to draw from just a 100 rpm loss and not owning a torque wrench YET

+1
    Steve It was very noticable. My ski felt like a rocket and it Hammered 8100 all day. Then today same darn weather conditions and it just felt like it wasn't OK when it was cold. Even this morning I could only see 8000rpm's and 7.0lbs or so of boost. In the cool morning, but as the day got hotter I was seeing slightly improved boost. 7.2. But I have always hammered 7.6 until today.

NOT real sure, but it was different and this is why I am here for some more GOOD help.

+1
    I would look at other things other than the SC clutch.

Are you still running a plastic wear ring?

SeaDoocer
    I had my clutch checked by my dealer but he did it by the computer for the lbs. of pressure check. I took my ski out and opened it up and brought it back for him to check. It had gone from 24 to 21 which allows warranty for clutch for that much slip..He then did a torque test and it proved the same. It took him 5 minutes to do that computer check but not a lot of dealers know you can do it that way! I was able to tell it was slipping before it went out. Has anyone else had this done?

+1
    You know Water4fire, after installing my 15/20 my clutch went. Should meen anything but I wonder if the big prop is straining the charger clutches at wot to zero throttle? I`m getting the metal washers still though. At least they won`t go through the motor.

Time for a new thread with metal washers and the always embattled BOV

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    I would look at other things other than the SC clutch.

Are you still running a plastic wear ring?
    Jerry it is the Stock plastic wear ring, but I pulled the pump to check my cavitation with this 15-20. (Pump seal) and my wear ring is mint. I didn't even flip it. i do have 2 new ones, so I guess I could just swap it to see.

I really don't think so! It was just off its power from the day before and I was extremly happy with my 15-20. It was almost 100 degrees and I never I mean never all day saw below 8100rpm's. Then this morning at 70 degrees and cool. Only 8000 and low boost. i wright off the bat noticed a loss in power.

?????

+1

Talking

Humidity, or even fuel quality after sitting overnight. I know my 15/20 right out the box was moving some serious h2o. My rooster tail didn`t lie.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    Humidity, or even fuel quality after sitting overnight. I know my 15/20 right out the box was moving some serious h2o. My rooster tail didn`t lie.
    HOSS you might be on to something. i got my first tank of gas from here in San Antonio from a very reliable place, but up at the lake house I go to the corner store and I have always thought maybe there gas was ****. Velero was here at home and Exxon was up at the lake house. Heck I don't know I always use them..

I called my uncle and he is gonna call his Snap on sales rep in the morning for my torq wrench. I need it anyway...

+1
    Dang boys, I thought more people would jump in and give there thoughts on how a SCer feels when it is slipping!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information