Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    exhaust overheating code #1544 on digital dash

    I have a 2006 RXP w/ RIVA STAGE II kit. Just recently my exhaust started overheating. I can ride it hard for tha first few laps. Come back a chill for a little while, hop back on it and ride and within a few min. w/ tha throttle wide open it starts overheating. But what really crazy is, it cavatates (like blowing out) really bad out of tha hole when it starts overheating. I've seen a ton of things to do from all tha forums on here but not sure, other than taking it to tha dealer (still under warranty) please send any advice


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie81 View Post
    I have a 2006 RXP w/ RIVA STAGE II kit. Just recently my exhaust started overheating. I can ride it hard for tha first few laps. Come back a chill for a little while, hop back on it and ride and within a few min. w/ tha throttle wide open it starts overheating. But what really crazy is, it cavatates (like blowing out) really bad out of tha hole when it starts overheating. I've seen a ton of things to do from all tha forums on here but not sure, other than taking it to tha dealer (still under warranty) please send any advice
    Welcome to the forum, are you running a water strainer inline to your IC?



    Alex

  3. #3
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie81 View Post
    I have a 2006 RXP w/ RIVA STAGE II kit. Just recently my exhaust started overheating. I can ride it hard for tha first few laps. Come back a chill for a little while, hop back on it and ride and within a few min. w/ tha throttle wide open it starts overheating. But what really crazy is, it cavatates (like blowing out) really bad out of tha hole when it starts overheating. I've seen a ton of things to do from all tha forums on here but not sure, other than taking it to tha dealer (still under warranty) please send any advice
    Usually with a overheating situation you are starving the waterbox of water..There are a few things that can make this happen..Pinched IC line,blocked filter screen in the pump,pinched lines on the J-Pipe,Coupler on the J-pipe could be cutting off the water flow or you could have a broken baffle floatiing around in your waterbox depending on what type and mods you have done to your box..As far as the cavition when only when it gets hot i realy dont have a explanation for that..I know a bad carbon ring,prop or wear ring will cause cavitation but i dont get why it will only cavitate when its hot..

  4. #4

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, are you running a water strainer inline to your IC?



    Alex
    just ordered one lastnight. Took everything off and flushed the intercooler, a brown haze came out at first but no debris. Blew through all tha hoses and flushed them also. Im curious if its just tha sensor. But that doesn't explain why I can ride it hard for a while and then when I get back on it, it starts running hot. Also I'm taking on some water from somewhere maybe my carbon seal needs replacing. I've got 122 hours on tha ski. Having water in tha hull wouldnt trigger tha sensor would it?

  5. #5
    If I modify tha waterbox what else would I have to do. Like upgrading things. Would it run fine or better w/ just tha stage II kit no other modifications have been done. My wear ring is fine (stainless steel) impellor is good pump seal is brand new

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie81 View Post
    just ordered one lastnight. Took everything off and flushed the intercooler, a brown haze came out at first but no debris. Blew through all tha hoses and flushed them also. Im curious if its just tha sensor. But that doesn't explain why I can ride it hard for a while and then when I get back on it, it starts running hot. Also I'm taking on some water from somewhere maybe my carbon seal needs replacing. I've got 122 hours on tha ski. Having water in tha hull wouldnt trigger tha sensor would it?
    If you were not running a strainer, that is your problem..You'll see what I mean after you install yours..I pull crap out of my strainer every time I ride, just think all that crap is going into your IC blocking the flow.

    Alex

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    24
    HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PUMP OUT LATELY? IF SO MAKE SURE YOUR YELLOW RESTRICKTER IS IN PLACE. IF YOU ARE RUNNING A RIVA COOLER WITH NO STRAINER, YOUR INNERCOOLER IS CLOGGED .HOW MANY HOURS ON THE INNERCOOLER?TODD

  8. #8
    I'd say no more than 10-15 this happened when I first got in salt water in destin just flushed tha innercooler yesterday w/ a waterhose some brown water came out at first then clear flows good now yellow washer is still there. Where is this pump screen located out and can I drill it out a little?

  9. #9
    What's tha best way of cleaning tha innercooler or can u other than manually flushing it?

  10. #10
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie81 View Post
    If I modify tha waterbox what else would I have to do. Like upgrading things. Would it run fine or better w/ just tha stage II kit no other modifications have been done. My wear ring is fine (stainless steel) impellor is good pump seal is brand new
    None.....All you would be doing if you mod it is opening the inside up letting it breathe better..No other upgrades are needed when modding the waterbox..UNLESS you want to g thru hull then you would need the kit but to mod the box you need nothing....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone know what F1 code flashing on 310r dash is
    By DCPTIV in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2015, 06:03 AM
  2. help on my digital dash
    By kerryhack in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
  3. I need help to fix my digital dash on my 2001 virage so i can sell it
    By ToriW88 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 09:18 PM
  4. Stage II getting Code 1544 'Exhaust Temp'
    By vidbuster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 12:56 PM
  5. Code 53 on GP1300R
    By jfoster in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •