Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

RXP Porpoising and correcting the condition

If your RXP bounces at high speed on flat water you can fix the condition by shimming the back of your ride plate down with some simple flat washers.

Loosen all 6 ride plate bolts and remove the back two bolts. Then pry down gently on the back of the plate so that you can slip some washers on the two back bolt bosses. Start with .030 thick washers and try it. Use some calipers to measure the washers and ensure you have two washers of equal thickness.

If you have already filled your ride plate holes then you can use a propane torch to heat up the JB Weld and then use a flathead screwdriver to pry it out. You will have to heat each hole up several times but the JB Weld will come out rather easily.

If you are porpoising then you are scrubbing speed. Once you level your ski speed will pick up and it will be much more enjoyable to ride.

+1
    Jerry, Great info - keep it coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If your RXP bounces at high speed on flat water you can fix the condition by shimming the back of your ride plate down with some simple flat washers.

Loosen all 6 ride plate bolts and remove the back two bolts. Then pry down gently on the back of the plate so that you can slip some washers on the two back bolt bosses. Start with .030 thick washers and try it. Use some calipers to measure the washers and ensure you have two washers of equal thickness.

If you have already filled your ride plate holes then you can use a propane torch to heat up the JB Weld and then use a flathead screwdriver to pry it out. You will have to heat each hole up several times but the JB Weld will come out rather easily.

If you are porpoising then you are scrubbing speed. Once you level your ski speed will pick up and it will be much more enjoyable to ride.

+1

I think he keeps great little tid bits of info like this saved up so he can just blurt one out every once and a while makes em' look good

Great INFO!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    I think he keeps great little tid bits of info like this saved up so he can just blurt one out every once and a while makes em' look good

Great INFO!
    LOL

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

I here you.........dont think this went un-noticed.....you get up there in speed and this is whats going to help keep you glued and feeding that pump....

+1
    Is porpoising a problem with a stock ski? or only with modded ski's that are going much faster?
    I ask this because im not sure whether my ski is porpoising or not, i havent rode too many skis.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Is porpoising a problem with a stock ski? or only with modded ski's that are going much faster?
    I ask this because im not sure whether my ski is porpoising or not, i havent rode too many skis.
    Porpoising is when your ski "bounces" when at high speed causing you to loose top speed.

Great info. Jerry. Will do when I get my modded rideplate.

+1
    I am wondering if shimming it will help lift the nose of the ski even more so you have less drag... even if your not porposing.

Great info Jerry!

+1
    I have to ask it...What about the three-seaters?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information