Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Fuel Separator Question...

I emptied my old gas out of my ski (the red ring in the separator was about 1 inch from the bottom) and I just put new gas in there. Now the fuel separator is full, but the red ring is on the bottom. That is okay right?

+1
    Yes the red ring floats if you have water in the separator.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Yes the red ring floats if you have water in the separator.

Ok that is what I thought... Thanks for the quick reply

Hopefully it will run okay. I changed the spark pkus, emptied the fuel separator, and got all the old fuel out of the tank. I'm hoping that it will run okay, so I don't have to do my first carb rebuild...

+1
    you should be good, if you did get some water in teh fuel, the ethanol in our gas here will absorb it into solution. NExt hour or so might run a little rough at low throttle until you get all of the old fuel out of the system.

Where did the water come from???????

Was this over the winter type build up, or did you suck it in somewhere? Or did you get bad gas from the station. This happened to me earlier this year. Figured it was bad out of the ground. Station has since repalced their in ground tanks

Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    you should be good, if you did get some water in teh fuel, the ethanol in our gas here will absorb it into solution. NExt hour or so might run a little rough at low throttle until you get all of the old fuel out of the system.

Where did the water come from???????

Was this over the winter type build up, or did you suck it in somewhere? Or did you get bad gas from the station. This happened to me earlier this year. Figured it was bad out of the ground. Station has since repalced their in ground tanks
    I accidently filled the tank before I put it away for winter.

+1
    that is not a bad thing if you stabilized it. It would be worse if you left half a tank and allowed condensation in the tank.

However here in NC, we use minimum 10% ETOL fuel and it does break down differently than a lot of other places.

that said. get rid of the old fuel. Clean the fuel lines best you can and go run it.

If you get up to Raleigh give me a call

919-702-0283

that is not a bad thing if you stabilized it. It would be worse if you left half a tank and allowed condensation in the tank.

However here in NC, we use minimum 10% ETOL fuel and it does break down differently than a lot of other places.

that said. get rid of the old fuel. Clean the fuel lines best you can and go run it.

If you get up to Raleigh give me a call

919-702-0283
    I got most of the old fuel out of the tank and put new stuff in. It still ran funny. Could it be because the old fuel still needs to get out of the system?

I was planning on doing a carb rebuild tomorrow, but now that I am talking to you I'm not sure what to do...

+1
    you wont hurt anything if you take it apart carefully. especially the little screws inside. Make sure you use the correct screwdriver for each bolt. Some are #1 and some are #2 phillips and will strip very easily. be very careful with the gaskets and you will be ok. also, if you havent done it before, take pics as you go so that you remember how to put it back together

you wont hurt anything if you take it apart carefully. especially the little screws inside. Make sure you use the correct screwdriver for each bolt. Some are #1 and some are #2 phillips and will strip very easily. be very careful with the gaskets and you will be ok. also, if you havent done it before, take pics as you go so that you remember how to put it back together
    Yeah, I was planning on taking pics as I go. I also have a guide with pictures. I just figured that the old gas probably gummed up everything in there!

So should I also pull the fuel lines and just clean them out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information