1200 STXR vs. STX-15F

I'll try this here. Any comparisons between these two? I bought a Ultra LX and want something more agile for my second ski. Been looking for a 1200 STXR but not seeing much so now considering a new 15F. I ride a lake that can get pretty choppy. Anyone familiar with both. TIA

+1
    I replyed over at PWC...site

Quote Originally Posted by KurtS View Post
    I'll try this here. Any comparisons between these two? I bought a Ultra LX and want something more agile for my second ski. Been looking for a 1200 STXR but not seeing much so now considering a new 15F. I ride a lake that can get pretty choppy. Anyone familiar with both. TIA
    I have both and stock vs stock there are only a few subtle diferences in how they handle. The R turns a little better because of better stock sponsons and ride plate. I've gone to Riva sponsons on the 15F and that helped but it still needs a ride plate to equal the R. The 15F seems a little better through chop I'm guessing due to the extra 100lbs or so, but I havn't gone too far with it yet. I decided to get a 15f because you can mod it more reliably and without the need for race gas or fuel additive. Fuel consumption is also rediculously better with the 15F, almost half it seems, no BS. However it will take a while to make up the cost difference. Otherwise a stock STX-R is great, a lot of fun, cheaper initial cost, just a bit more to operate. I don't think you'd be unhappy with either of them.

Thread Information