Ok motor went, heres the pics, WHat do you think it was?

It was the rear cylinder. My mechanic says it might have been the carb screwing up and running lean??? So you guys know the history, my friend didnt put the plugs in once and the carbs got salt water on them, the ski didnt sink but the water got up to the carbs. I took plugs out and ran the saltwater out, and sprayed everything with fresh water on the spot when this happened.

He says that he cleaned the carbs, but they will always have trouble for now on b/c the corrosion with come back. So he says that the reason this mightve happened is b/c the carb stuck and maybe cause the motor to run lean on that cylinder. So what do you guys think????

+1
    Can you post pics of the top of the piston?

Sure Ill get them today at the end of the day when I get home, what a crappy situation.

+1
    Damm..where do you ride ? The water jackets look terrible.....sometimes a two stroke is just going to seize if you run it hard and there is nothing you can do about it..the top of piston will tell you a-lot by reading the wash...the gurus on this board will steer you straight.

I ride only in saltwater, and I freshwater wash everytime I get out for 15 mins gauranteed like clock work. I put bombardier lube all over the motor, and in every 3 times I ride, and I spray all over the impeller and any linkage or steering, throttle cables on the ski. I seriously dont even full throttle this thing at all times, I really do baby it. I have 99 hrs on it, so i am really pissed that this happened.

+1
    Looks kinda like the oil line popped off the carb

Guys Ive got a question, I am thinking of seriously trying to tackle this myself b/c of the cost involved. What do you guys think this will cost me for parts alone???? Its only one cylinder that went.

+1
    ANYBODY can rebuild it with the help that you will get here. You HAVE to find the cause or you will get REAL good at rebuilding it every couple of hours.

When you get pics of the top of the piston, take pics of the tops of the other 2. Then you need to Download the svc manual in the FAQ section and start checking clearances etc on EVERYTHING. Good pics of the crank and bearings would help as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    ANYBODY can rebuild it with the help that you will get here. You HAVE to find the cause or you will get REAL good at rebuilding it every couple of hours.

When you get pics of the top of the piston, take pics of the tops of the other 2. Then you need to Download the svc manual in the FAQ section and start checking clearances etc on EVERYTHING. Good pics of the crank and bearings would help as well.
    +1

Good bet the crank is shot too.

Thread Information