RXP-X Stage 1 Questions.

All I have done to my RXP-X is a R&D Grate, filled ride plate holes, front Plenum Filter and pump shoe holes drilled. Is adding just the performance filter and 15/22 impeller enough or is everyone adding the entire stage 1 kit? How important is the Pump wedge, VTS Extension rod, and pro series reduction nozzle. Also, I've run between 72.6 and 73.2 so far. How much more speed should I see and how is acceleration affected with stage 1? I realize a lot seems to depend on what size ring is used if the reduction nozzle is installed.
    Last edited by rflores5432; 06-30-2008 at 02:37 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores5432 View Post
    All I have done to my RXP-X is a R&D Grate, filled ride plate holes, front Plenum Filter and pump shoe holes drilled. Is adding just the performance filter and 15/22 impeller enough or is everyone adding the entire stage 1 kit? How important is the Pump wedge, VTS Extension rod, and pro series reduction nozzle. Also, I've run between 62.6 and 63.2 so far. How much more speed should I see and how is acceleration affected with stage 1? I realize a lot seems to depend on what size ring is used if the reduction nozzle is installed.

check out the last page for X stuff... this should give you an idea what guys are runnin..
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32383

oh and welcome to the forum!

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    those #'s seem a little low..i started to gps after 11 hours or so and BONE stock with high 90's air temp was at 68.7 @ 7080. since then i installed the R&D intake grate and filter and gps at 71.5 @ 8040.

Sorry, after reading the reply about #'s sounding low, I realized I typed a mistake. It should read 72.6 - 73.2 mph. LOL Yeah, that would be pretty low.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores5432 View Post
    All I have done to my RXP-X is a R&D Grate, filled ride plate holes, front Plenum Filter and pump shoe holes drilled. Is adding just the performance filter and 15/22 impeller enough or is everyone adding the entire stage 1 kit? How important is the Pump wedge, VTS Extension rod, and pro series reduction nozzle. Also, I've run between 62.6 and 63.2 so far. How much more speed should I see and how is acceleration affected with stage 1? I realize a lot seems to depend on what size ring is used if the reduction nozzle is installed.
    The 15/22r impeller needs to also be run with the reduction nozzle. Most guys get the best results with the 82 mm nozzle ring.

You really should do the entire stage 1 kit. All components are matched to work together collectively as a kit. You will see better acceleration and top speed.

Thanks Jerry. I planned on doing the entire kit, except for the intake (have the R&D) but wasn't sure if the 15/22 and intake would cut it by themselves. Boy, you guys are fast with the replies on here. LOL

Thread Information