Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXP-X hoses

RXP-X hoses

I have two P-X's one of which had the recall work done to it....and the other for some reason wasnt on the list..or something i dont know...well the one that didnt have the new clamps put on keeps blowing the hose off the supercharger...but from multiple times blowing off it has spread alot of oil on everything under the seat...so my question is...should there be that much oil coming out of the supercharger?? Its job is to push air, not nessesarily oil...could too much oil cause this problem?? Or is this normal??

Anyone??

+1
    you may have too much oil in the SC but on high boost applications you get whats called oil blow by which is why we like to run oil catch cans on our oil vent lines and then cap off the air intake side.

+1
    Check your oil level. If it's over filled, you will get excessive amount of oil coming out of the crank case vent hose which is routed into the air intake and into the SC.

Banned User
    without pictures it's hard to tell.. You're not getting much responce because you where kind of unclear... Have you checked your oil? Is the oil level in between the two marks with the motor hot in the water or on the trailer level? You should not have major amounts of oil coming from your SC..In regaurds to your SC hose,I had this problem in the beginning and what I started doing was dry fitting everything before tightening down anything, when everything is where you want it start tighting everything down. Nothing should move at all!!!

Well i have an open dispute with sea doo right now..because the dealer was suppose to fix this twice...and i guess if this oil thing is cause of the dealer overfilling it at the 10 hour service...then i will just add this to the list....and i dont have the skis...they are at the dealer or i would have taken pics....i guess im just a little dissapointed that after every weekend i have to take my machines in for service. Whether its maintenance lights not being cleared...or broken hoses it just seems like a lot of problems for machines that only have 14 hours on them

Not to mention the fact that they cost at least 13k!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay123678 View Post
    Well i have an open dispute with sea doo right now..because the dealer was suppose to fix this twice...and i guess if this oil thing is cause of the dealer overfilling it at the 10 hour service...then i will just add this to the list....and i dont have the skis...they are at the dealer or i would have taken pics....i guess im just a little dissapointed that after every weekend i have to take my machines in for service. Whether its maintenance lights not being cleared...or broken hoses it just seems like a lot of problems for machines that only have 14 hours on them
    I was somewhat in the same situation. My machine was not on the list, but I knew of the recall long before I even had the machine (thats to this website). I sent the recall to the dealer and said regardless if my new machine is on the lsit double check this. Sure as ****, the first time I go out the SC outlet hose blows off. I tighten it but it lasts for a bit and blows off again. That day was short lived. I then by t-clamps and tighten the crap out of it. After about twenty minutes of riding it blwos off again. To make this shorter the hose and SC where the hose conencts was covered in some sort of lube. This was not engine related. I take it back to the dealer, complain and then end up cleaning the hose and SC with Isopropic alcohol and ended using the t-clamps I bought to tighten it down. Could of done this myself but had numerous other things come loose, so I was pissed and felt I shouldn't ahve to check every bold, screw, or whatever to see if it is properly torqued or tightened. ANyhow, all is good now, but I share your pain!

Mine has 16 hours on it. And today the hose came off. Thanks to reading about it here, I knew what it was right away, pulled over and fixed it. 10 minutes later it came off again, fixed it, ten minutes later, again. So I fixed it and went home. How is the dealer going to fix this? I tightened the clamp as tight as i could get it, and it just keeps coming off.

How does one know if their RXTX is subject to this recall?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information