Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Donated Trailer

+1

Donated Trailer

Seeing that we are a bunch of smart people on this forum i was hoping someone could find a loop hole for me. A dealership was kind enough to to leave a trailer in front of my house about 4 years ago when they dropped of a ski. The dealership is now out of business (3 years now) and i have a single trailer that could use some work but it is a trailer that i could use. So does anyone have any thoughts on how i could get the trailer registered with out the bill of sale? I am in the great state of NJ but i have some people in NY that i could register the trailer with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Seeing that we are a bunch of smart people on this forum i was hoping someone could find a loop hole for me. A dealership was kind enough to to leave a trailer in front of my house about 4 years ago when they dropped of a ski. The dealership is now out of business (3 years now) and i have a single trailer that could use some work but it is a trailer that i could use. So does anyone have any thoughts on how i could get the trailer registered with out the bill of sale? I am in the great state of NJ but i have some people in NY that i could register the trailer with.
    BUy some parts... Get a recipt for the parts... Bring it to dmv... You now got yourself a "home made" trailer... I think I have about 5 "home made" trailers

+1
    what is the approx "value" of these parts? just to make everything somewhat legit?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    what is the approx "value" of these parts? just to make everything somewhat legit?
    350 dollars

+1
    you should be able to go to the dmv and get a new tittle just tell them it was abandon on your property.

i forget the exact amount of time but any time something sits on your property for an long period of time you can have it declared abandon and can keep it. its usually less then a year but some times you have to meet certain criteria like you have to mail them a letter and not have contact with the people for xx amount of time. but im sure since its 4 years and out of business you will be good to go.

Just follow what everyone is saying here and you will be fine.

Just get it registered as abandoned. Take all the stickers off and anything that gives it traceability. Tell them it was abandoned and you fixed it up. The will need to weigh it and so on.

You will be fine.

I just went through this last week. My local DMV in Manahawkin NJ gives you a 10 page booklet to fill out. I went to Toms River they gave me a single form which had to be signed by a notary republic stating the size and weight. Make sure you tell them it is under 2500lbs. I went back to Manahawkin with the form from Toms River they gave me a bunch of sh*t but I left with my registration. Good Luck

+1
    You may need a "rubbing" of the VIN. Press a piece of paper over the VIN and rub a pencil or crayon over it to record an imprint.

-I've brought a pressed piece of clay (3D image) with me. They laughed and gave me papers w/no questions asked.

My girl is a notary and she works in your town.

+1
    To register in NY...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information