Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Help Needed Carb Rebuild Polaris Virage

Hi need help. Bought a used 2003 Polaris runs rich, put in newplugs run it for 1 hr. Still ran crappy. Came home pulled plugs after cleaning and wash out and they were wet black and wet. Back of had black all over it from exhaust. Soooooo..... I guess I'm redoing the carb.

I believe that there is only one carb!? 700 cc.. I'm prety maechanical but have never really worked on motors or carbs before. How hard is it to rebuild and does anyone have any instructions on how to start and what to do? Have the basic tools are there any special ones that are needed?

New to all this but not afraid. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ripper; 07-01-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: "HELP NEEDED" PLEASE

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Here's you a good guide to start with, On here we really don't care for the company,but the guide is good for starters.
    http://www.sbtontheweb.com/pdfs/keihincdk2.pdf

Thanks For The Info! I Just Bought This One Of Course It Ran Good When I Tested. Sat For 3 Months And Now Heart Ache. I Have Never Taken One Apart But I"m Up To It. I Think!

I"m Sure I Will Have A Million Questions If That"s Ok. I've Read A Lot Of Forms Before I Joined And Everybody Seems Pretty Helpful> Thanks Again

Ethanol In Gas

How does Ethanol in the gas effect performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Hi need help. Bought a used 2003 Polaris runs rich, put in newplugs run it for 1 hr. Still ran crappy. Came home pulled plugs after cleaning and wash out of exhaust had run for 5-10mins raved up and shut down motor then pulled plugs, they were wet black and wet. Back of had black all over it from exhaust. Soooooo..... I guess I'm redoing the carb.

I believe that there is only one carb!? 700 cc.. I'm prety maechanical but have never really worked on motors or carbs before. How hard is it to rebuild and does anyone have any instructions on how to start and what to do? Have the basic tools are there any special ones that are needed?

New to all this but not afraid. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ripper; 07-01-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    How does Ethanol in the gas effect performance?
    Ethanol absorbs moisture. Operating in a wet environment is asking for trouble. I wouldn't use it!

The E-85 pumps around here have strong warnings not to use in boats or watercraft.

They don't have to post it any where on the gas here that it's in the gas. What can You do in a situation like this.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

gas

in texas its 10% etanol i haven't had any issues with it,i'd bet either the needles got trash in it and not seating or(most likely)the return restriction cast into the body of the carb is plugged with the dreaded green gunk and causing gas to just push past the needle and into the motor

+1
    If you have any places in your area with non-oxygenated gas...usually 92 or 93 octane...I would recommend using that. It's also what most marinas use/sell.

Thanks For The Info! I Just Bought This One Of Course It Ran Good When I Tested. Sat For 3 Months And Now Heart Ache. I Have Never Taken One Apart But I"m Up To It. I Think!

I"m Sure I Will Have A Million Questions If That"s Ok. I've Read A Lot Of Forms Before I Joined And Everybody Seems Pretty Helpful> Thanks Again
    How many hours does you ski have. Just wondering.

I have the same ski with 50 hours on it. I am having the exact same problem too. At least I think. Is your ski bogging down?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    How many hours does you ski have. Just wondering.

I have the same ski with 50 hours on it. I am having the exact same problem too. At least I think. Is your ski bogging down?
    First thing anyone should do with a new ski is clean the fuel system and rebuild carbs, It's cheap insurance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information