+1

Install My Gibson Exhaust

All I Have To Say Is That Jason Is The Man.i Had A Problem With My Gibson And I Called Him And He Talk To Me Over The Phone To Get This In My Rxt,but It Would Not Fit,so He Said Bring It To Him And He Would Put It In For Me,well He Had A Problem With It To And He Fixed It While I Was There And It Now In My Ski Sounding Great,if You Need Aything Done On Your Ski Jason Is The Man,he Is A Very Good Buenness Man And A Very Good Mechanic,all I Have To Say Is Call Him With Anything To Be Done On Your Ski Or If You Have Any Question About Something You Are Thinking Of Doing On Your Ski Call Him ,thanks Jason For Every Thing You Did To Help Me ,ski Sounds Great!!!!!!!!!!

could you describe the problem?
    I had tons of problems, the damn thing wouldn't line up. It didn't fit for sheet. I called my friend Sams Adams for a little assistance. After a 24 ounces of advice the gibson lined up perfectly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxtmike View Post
    All I Have To Say Is That Jason Is The Man.i Had A Problem With My Gibson And I Called Him And He Talk To Me Over The Phone To Get This In My Rxt,but It Would Not Fit,so He Said Bring It To Him And He Would Put It In For Me,well He Had A Problem With It To And He Fixed It While I Was There And It Now In My Ski Sounding Great,if You Need Aything Done On Your Ski Jason Is The Man,he Is A Very Good Buenness Man And A Very Good Mechanic,all I Have To Say Is Call Him With Anything To Be Done On Your Ski Or If You Have Any Question About Something You Are Thinking Of Doing On Your Ski Call Him ,thanks Jason For Every Thing You Did To Help Me ,ski Sounds Great!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats great! You get this kind of service and I cant even get an install kit from him. What gives? We were supposed to get some bracket also and havent seen that either. All I can say is if you will be jumping any waves expect it to come loose. This thing really needs a bracket and a flange on the muffler were it meets the j-pipe.

didnt know we were supposed to get a bracket too.

I did get an install kit but didnt find a purpose for the hose as it was a little short for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Thats great! You get this kind of service and I cant even get an install kit from him. What gives? We were supposed to get some bracket also and havent seen that either. All I can say is if you will be jumping any waves expect it to come loose. This thing really needs a bracket and a flange on the muffler were it meets the j-pipe.
    Initially there was talk of a bracket for the gibson but it never materilized because it is not needed. The gibson is supported fine by the rear thru hull and the jpipe. Just get them straight and screw them down tight.

Speedskixp, contact jason personally and he will help you out with the install kit. You should have got it long ago.

+1
    Yes I installed my gibson with out any of the issues alot of people had. I was one of the first to install it. I disagree about the fact that it doesnt need a bracket though. I have about 15 hrs on mine now and love it but without a bracket to support it and a flange added It will come apart. I have my gibson resting on some rubber and have the factory strap holding it. Not that the strap does much. I dont think it is a good idea to have the weight hanging on the j pipe. I am also using good t clamps and after jumping about 4 or five boat wakes and catching some decent air it happened. The darn thing came apart at the j-pipe. I'm just glad I was in fresh water. I also checked my clamps before going out and it still came off. Keep in mind I put about 15 hrs on mine without any problems untill I jumped a couple waves. This could be catostophic if it happened in the wrong place with someone that doesn't know what they are doing. I dont really need the kit but it is just the point of it, and I did pm jason about the kit a while back and he never got back with me. I know he is busy and am not trying to bash him as it may sound. Just venting. I love the gibson but dont like worrying if it is going to come unhooked from the j-pipe and sink my a$$. I am not the only one this has happened to. And yes I have a bilge pump.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    could you describe the problem?
    I had tons of problems, the damn thing wouldn't line up. It didn't fit for sheet. I called my friend Sams Adams for a little assistance. After a 24 ounces of advice the gibson lined up perfectly.
    I'll keep that in mind Scott.
    I think 16oz of Brockman Brew(brewed fresh in the closet of my spare bedroom) will help me line mine up.

You guys aren't worried about the weight of the Gibson and the force of jumping waves cracking the hull back where the thurhull exits?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    You guys aren't worried about the weight of the Gibson and the force of jumping waves cracking the hull back where the thurhull exits?
    Not really, my GTX is a racer/cruiser for me, I use the XP for the aerobatics

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxtmike View Post

glad your happy mike. enjoy and post some results for others to see

Thread Information