Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couple of Carb Questions....

Does anyone know what kind of keihin carb is in a 2003 Polaris Virage?
    I want to print out a walkthrough on how to rebuild it. I found a CDK II, but it is a whole different color (not sure if that matters?)...

and

After I am done with the rebuild I can adjust the low, idle, and high speed screws on the trailers right? Or does the ski have to be in the water?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Goliath; 07-01-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Forgot to ask another thing.

I want to check my piston wash and was wonder if it is as simple as undoing the 4 bolts that hold the cover on there, or are there gaskets/springs that I have to worry about?

I am assuming that since you refer to the carb in singular form that you have a 700 twin cylinder in your Virage.

My research shows that it is a 40 mm kehin with an accelarator pump.

Everything that you ever wanted to know about that carb should be in the 2003 service manual that can be found in the tech section.

Good luck!

-Rob

+1
    The 4 bolts hold on the head cover...it has an o-ring gasket under it. There is a cylinder head under that with 5 bolts and it also has a o-ring gasket under it. When taking each item off, just do it slowly so as not to ruin the o-ring gaskets and you can hopefully reuse them if they are in good shape.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

o-rings

a little grease on the o-rings works good to hold them in place while reassembling.the stock keihin carb you have doesn't have a high speed adjuster,you can only set the lows and i'd do it when you reassemble it and set the idle on the trailer in the water and warmed up

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    set the idle on the trailer in the water and warmed up
    Confused at what you mean? Do you mean right when I put the carb back together I can adjust the low speed, then after running it a while I can adjust the idle on the trailer?

+1
    There is a stock setting where the low speed screw should be set at...adjust it to that. If you don't have a service manual to view...you can call a dealer and ask them to look it up for you...or someone on the forum I'm sure knows what it should be. Then when you go to launch the boat, while it's in the water but still sitting on the trailer, you can then start it and adjust the idle screw.
    Last edited by 32DegH2O; 07-02-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    There is a stock setting where the low speed screw should be set at...adjust it to that. If you don't have a service manual to view...you can call a dealer and ask them to look it up for you...or someone on the forum I'm sure knows what it should be. Then when you go to launch the boat, while it's in the water but still sitting on the trailer, you can then start it and adjust the idle screw.
    Okay.... Thanks man.

I took my ski to a local repair/tune-up shop and the owner started it and reved it a little. He took out the plugs and they were black. He said that it seems (by the sound) that there are no restrictions and that it could just be loaded up on oil. He said I should just take it to the water and really try to run it for a good 2-3 minutes to try and burn all the oil out of there...

I bought a carb kit today and it says on the package that it works with a Keihin CDK II. Will this be okay for a 2003 Polaris Virage Carb?

I also took out the plugs and they were all black, so I checked to see if the low speed screw was off the factory setting. I turned the screw to tighten it and it only went in 1/2 of a turn?? I tried to turn it back and it only went 1 turn. The factory setting on the low-speed screw is 1 3/4 turns. Does anyone know what the problem could be here?
    Last edited by Goliath; 07-02-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information