Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any fast speedster 150 scic's outthere?

Any fast speedster 150 scic's outthere? Just curious what some of the boats are pullin for mile an hour. I'm about to dump some money and want the best bang for buck,I definately want a wheel and intercooler and prop ,but whats the best that you guys have used and are given some good mph.

+1
    I am about to do a couple mods to my speedster, if I can't get 62-64mph out of it I should have got the 155............

VX1 is your man, he has done the most here and is up to 62 MPH I think. Search on his user name

+1
    I can get 70+ out of it w/ parts I have "laying around" but I want the moon and the stars and only want to do the thermo, plate, charger and i/c w/ 42s to do 62mph, I think I can I think I can

I've been down for about a month with the boat torn apart waiting for a part for my thru-hull project, but it looks like I'll be waiting for that piece for a while (exhaust extender with O2 bung), so I put it all back together yesterday, and will be seeing how she runs tomorrow. I was down to running 60.5 in the heat (88 degree water), but I'm hoping my recent changes will get me back to a 62-63mph average, which would be 65mph in the cooler months. I've done the following maintenance the past month:

1) Shimmed the Rude SC to slip at 110 inch-pounds (previously slipping at 60).
    2) Reconstructed a broken pump shoe with epoxy, high probability that was stealing some top speed.
    3) New batteries, dual battery system with voltage alarm.
    4) Switched to synthetic Mobil 1 4T.
    5) Installed an adjustable venturi, and hopefully tune summer to 83mm and winter to 81mm.
    6) Tapped a new NPT port in the IC blockoff for the RRFPR; there was talk that using a "T" port for it and a boost guage could cause the RRFPR to read the boost incorrectly and run lean.

+1
    pay close attention to #6, this is true as the rrfpr needs it's own line w/ large i/d to function correctly. I am sure quite a few turbo's went lean for the 1st few seconds because it was tee-off and/or connected to 1/8" line.

Yep, got a nice big dedicated 1/4 NPT for it now. I'm still highly concerned with my AFR; there seems to be a growing concensus that the Rude SC still needs 42# injectors with the RRFPR to be at 11.9 @ WOT (and I sold my 42's for next to nothing). I can't check the AFR until I get the exhaust piece I'm waiting for, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010516.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	81114  

+1
    have u considered putting a bung into the j-pipe? I am about to have nils do 3 of them for me.....

Sure, but when I found out that R&D's new exhaust extender had a bung built into it, that's the way I decided to go. I know I'm going to be pulling the supercharger more than ever to keep it in spec, and I'm tired of having to move the exhaust, which will probably be even more of a pain when I have a rigid thru-hull.

So if I want to spend a 1000 to 1500 on modes what would you do? definately a wheel which one do a green wheel or something else ,a prop and an intercooler which one are my best bang for the money I just dont want to by another wheel again because I should have just bought iit first,I'd be happy with 60 and I do 56 on gps right now in n.y.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information