Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why are we not going faster ???

Seems like there has been some major findings these past few months including Rideplates, Intake Manifolds, Headers, Mufflers, Pump Extensions , Bigger Supercharger's , etc... and most people are running just over 80mph with the exception of a few. I am not not knocking anyone by any means that is at this point or lower. It takes a lot of money,time and dedication to be anywhere near 80. But with the gains from some of these parts you would think that we would be up in the 90's with no problem. and all are bolt on items. . 2mph over here, 3 over there , .5 from free mods. etc...

honestly there have been a lot of great mods being released but they aren't out there except here and there. It will take a little more time before you start hearing stuff about these products because for the most part they are all $$$.... not that they aren't worth it....

Rideplates - just getting popular
    Intake manifolds - lots of $$
    pump extentions - not realeased (yet)
    headers - just released & $$
    Last edited by kp04rxp; 07-01-2008 at 11:17 PM.

i think building a "reliable" 80 mph ski is the key.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    honestly there have been a lot of great mods being released but they aren't out there except here and there. It will take a little more time before you start hearing stuff about these products because for the most part they are all $$$.... not that they aren't worth it....
    Exactly! You won't see 1/2 the parts on members skis for some time. And when they are installed and tuned, you'll only hear about 1/4 of them. Don't get caught up in the personality of the general forum (commonpeople). High rollers, high profilers, commercial interest, grudges, secrecy, and the element of suprise (to name a few) are all reasons you won't hear about those guys running 90+ until you come across the right person that knows a person who happens to be best friends with a person who owns a fast ski. I'm not knocking the forum in any way. I love this place! And so do many others. I just wanted to make it clear that there's a lot more going on among forum members than what's seen on the surface.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Exactly! You won't see 1/2 the parts on members skis for some time. And when they are installed and tuned, you'll only hear about 1/4 of them. Don't get caught up in the personality of the general forum (commonpeople). High rollers, high profilers, commercial interest, grudges, secrecy, and the element of suprise (to name a few) are all reasons you won't hear about those guys running 90+ until you come across the right person that knows a person who happens to be best friends with a person who owns a fast ski. I'm not knocking the forum in any way. I love this place! And so do many others. I just wanted to make it clear that there's a lot more going on among forum members than what's seen on the surface.

Most of the time ppl are making there own through r+d...very little of the mph is coming from so called mfrs.

+1
    I've wondered about this myself, which is why I started the thread a few weeks ago comparing the GPR to the RXP hulls.

It does seem like the RXP speeds have stagnated between 80 and 83 mph. There are only a handfull faster than that.

Mike

IMO Once you get past 80-85, everything needs to be redone... Most of the parts on a ski arent dependable at those speeds... This is why people are stuck.... We need to concentrate on bulletproofing the ski.... Then it will be SAFER to get more speed. Right now, its real dangerous......
    We can start with reenforcing the grate and sponsons... Thanks to the the speed kings like JD1 & Greenhulk, we have learned that these parts WILL fail...
    Its a real scary thought to imagine overstuffing or sponson coming off at 90+!!!
    Its not easy to say, "Lets try it again"... Only the elite few have the balls to (test) these mods......
    Last edited by palmbeach jesse; 07-02-2008 at 07:23 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    And then there are those that don't listen or ignore the details. I posted a very good thread several days ago on how to get "free speed" out of your ski by settling down the porpoise. The thread went unnoticed and ignored

I can tell you that 50% of the reason that the fast guys are running as well as they do it they pay attention to the details. It's not just about bolting on parts. You have to fine tune what you're working with and every ski is different.

+1
    We are not concentrating enough on the hull......less drag!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I posted a very good thread several days ago on how to get "free speed" out of your ski by settling down the porpoise. The thread went unnoticed and ignored .
    Don't believe that, Jerry! Just because there wasn't much discussion following it doesn't mean it wasn't noticed. I definitely put rideplate shimming in my toolbox, right beside drilling holes in the grate. It's just that I'm not going fast enough to need to drill the holes (yet) and I made a different rideplate mod that seems to have calmed down my porpoising problem (for now).

Mike

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information