+1

Engine rpm problem

Hey guys i have an rxpx with 17 hours on it, when i got it the thing ran excellently and after the 10 hour service i didnt have a problem with it, i could pull 8100 rpms @ 70mph on the dreamo. however last time i took it out i had problems. For some reason i could only pull 7300 rpms @ about 65-66, and it was a littlle gutless. Mpower informed me he had had a similar problem, and it turned out his bearings in the sc were falling apart causing play in the shaft, and the sc wheel was hitting on the housing.. Could this be my problem?? also is this a common thing with the p-x's?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys i have an rxpx with 17 hours on it, when i got it the thing ran excellently and after the 10 hour service i didnt have a problem with it, i could pull 8100 rpms @ 70mph on the dreamo. however last time i took it out i had problems. For some reason i could only pull 7300 rpms @ about 65-66, and it was a littlle gutless. Mpower informed me he had had a similar problem, and it turned out his bearings in the sc were falling apart causing play in the shaft, and the sc wheel was hitting on the housing.. Could this be my problem?? also is this a common thing with the p-x's?
    Pull your SC and check, there's no way tell without pics.. Check all your hoses, make sure they are tight and don't have any leaks..
    SC bearing failures are rare but do happen..

Alex

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Pull your SC and check, there's no way tell without pics.. Check all your hoses, make sure they are tight and don't have any leaks..
    SC bearing failures are rare but do happen..

Alex

Is the supercharger hard to pull off the ski? Will i be able to do it by myself? I am not the most mechanically minded person in the world, but im not exactly stupid.... I checked the hoses and all seemed to be fine, if there was a loose clamp on one of the hoses wouldnt it blow off under boost?

Thread Information