1998 zxi 1100 nose up problem

Hi guys I am new here. I bought a 1100 with a destroyed motor. I just installed a new one and went to the lake to break it in. But I couldn't get the trim to work. So the nose was in the sky. After I got out of the no wake zone. I had to turn right around. I didn't even hit 10 mph and it scared the ever living crap out of me. I know that these skis arn't real stable from the get go. Is there any thing that I can do to fix this problem? Or should have I just gave it more throttle? Also can I test the trim out of the water? Maybe I forgot to hook up a wire some where?
    Thanks,
    Jared

Also is there a way to test the VTS? like running a ground and a positive lead to the connector.

+1
    The trim motors were a huge problem on these skis. Mine was broke when I bought my ZXI. When I took the top off of the trim motor housing it had a lot of water and rust in it. I was able to clean the motor up and get it to work for a little while, but ended up replacing the motor at a later date. If you find a service manual, all of the wiring diagrams are in it to do the tests, but if you just take the top off of the trim unit, I would almost be willing to bet $100 it has water and lots of rust in it.

Yes, as mentioned above your trim unit is probably toast. You can take it apart and adjust the nozzle to a neutral position.

how do I remove the rear trim cable? I hope there is another way than having to remove the whole pump assembly.

+1
    I made a socket by cutting a 27mm (I THINK) deep well socket in half and welding a piece of pipe between the 2 halves so that it will fit over the cable that extends out of the back of the transom. I am qouting the size of the socket from memory. It has been a LONG time since I have owned a ZXI.

Thread Information