Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    NoMo-xp4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    284

    08' SHO wants a piece of the Rxp tomorrow

    I ran my big mouth last year to a friend with a modded Yammi Gp1200. His was running about 74mph and mine was @ 77 (S3 minus ecu).

    Now he's got an '08 SHO (stock) and I've put the Rxp back to stock----well, almost. I've still got the Plate holes filled, Riva Grate, Pro OPAS, and Front Intake. It GPS'd 71.9 a couple weeks ago in this trim.

    Do I have anything to worry about? He is confident as hell. I thought these things ran 65mph stock????


  2. #2
    benjahw benjahw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    467
    +1
    30
    You dont have anything to worry about on top end. Off the line may be another story. i think the jump will be close. ya, they are about 65 mph boats stock.

  3. #3
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    make sure you are on glass water... and if you bounce or porpoise once, ur done

    how long is the race?

  4. #4
    NoMo-xp4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    make sure you are on glass water... and if you bounce or porpoise once, ur done

    how long is the race?

    That's up for debate. I'm sure he'll want to keep running until we hit some chop and he catches me.

    I've also Gps'd myself going through some pretty nasty stuff. I like to see how fast I can run in conditions other than glass. It does between 65-68 when I'm holding on for dear life.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post
    It does between 65-68 when I'm holding on for dear life.
    Thats what I do. Its a great workout and tons of fun

  6. #6
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    Once you get in front of him and you know you will not go any faster let off and say you won I use to race against he gp1200r's back in 2003 with a 93 yamaha blaster that was set up for closed course. That ski only went 53 but got there faster than anything. The guy was like dang that thing is fast. Only did he not know he would have killed me if we went for top speed.

  7. #7
    NoMo-xp4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    Thats what I do. Its a great workout and tons of fun
    Yeah---I feel like I just went rounds with Mayweather after I'm done. I ride @ the Lake of the Ozarks----it gets a little hairy out there on the weekends.

  8. #8
    gtxscrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    miami,fl
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post
    I ran my big mouth last year to a friend with a modded Yammi Gp1200. His was running about 74mph and mine was @ 77 (S3 minus ecu).

    Now he's got an '08 SHO (stock) and I've put the Rxp back to stock----well, almost. I've still got the Plate holes filled, Riva Grate, Pro OPAS, and Front Intake. It GPS'd 71.9 a couple weeks ago in this trim.

    Do I have anything to worry about? He is confident as hell. I thought these things ran 65mph stock????
    You should be able to pull a ski or 2 on topend. Try to catch him rolling three seaters have good holeshot.
    Try not race in the chop three seaters are at there best in the rough stuff.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post
    Yeah---I feel like I just went rounds with Mayweather after I'm done. I ride @ the Lake of the Ozarks----it gets a little hairy out there on the weekends.
    I know what you mean!

  10. #10
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    let us know what happened with the race.....my riding peeps have RXP's so i know its gonna be close........ )

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Life Expectancy of the RXP
    By brad2510 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 07:04 PM
  2. High Altitude Performance of the RXP
    By vidbuster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 03:34 PM
  3. The throttle of the RXp dosen't move
    By LAB69 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
  4. Pics of the RXP and New Tow Truck
    By AMG ETR in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 01:16 PM
  5. The purpose of the RXP...
    By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •