SS Wear Ring in 03 GTX

Just like it says...

Will the stainless wear ring fit in an 03 GTX SC? I'm looking to replace the ring and impeller soon and would like a part that is pseudo-bulletproof for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallus View Post
    Just like it says...

Will the stainless wear ring fit in an 03 GTX SC? I'm looking to replace the ring and impeller soon and would like a part that is pseudo-bulletproof for a long period of time.
    The SS wear rings have a diameter of 159-mm, and the '03 GTX SC plastic pumps uses a 155-mm wear ring. The only way to use a SS wear ring is to change the drive shaft, get an RXT pump housing and RXT impeller. Lots of $$ to go SS... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallus View Post
    Just like it says...

just get one made at a local machine shop, ive used mild steel in the past with no issues

There are stainless wear rings for the 155mm pumps that are alum. I don`t think you can install a stainless ring in a plastic pump, different set-up.
    the best thing you can do is find a good used pump here in the classifieds
    04,05,06 GTX/RXP/RXT pump will work with 04GTX wear ring... stay plastic wear ring, it will most likely help save the prop and pump in the event of debris getting sucked up.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-02-2008 at 08:23 PM.

+1
    Absolutly PR. You would have to upgrade the plastic pump housing to metal, then consider the wear ring options. It would cost too much money in upgrades for a ss wear ring, when the ss wear ring may/may not help you.

A plastic wear ring allows the wear to be put on the wear ring, not screw up the impeller. The ss wear ring prevents wear on the wear ring, but allows wear, bends, bangs, bings on the impeller. It is a lot cheaper to replace a $50 plastic wear ring than a $300 impeller.

Devil's Advocate...I am trying the RXT Driveshaft, 14/19r impeller, SS wear ring which needs the 215 ECU, knock sensor harness and 58 lb fuel reg.
    Last edited by jpeconsult; 07-02-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Thread Information