Piston size and hose issue. Help!!

Is there any way I can determine the size of the piston I need when I pull the old one out. I'm sure you can, but how?

I bought these used, and I'm not sure if the jugs were honed out larger or what.

I will certainly start going through the fuel system. That's for sure! Where can I get those rebuild kits?

On my sl750, I have two clear tubes in my hull. They seem to be this 8th inch size. I found where one went, it went to the mfd under the shaft.

The other, I have no clue. I think it runs to the front of the ski to a vent, but not sure. Where exactly does this hose connect in the fuel system? Or does it?? Could this tube be unconnected have caused me to blow a hole in on of my pistons?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Cleveland OH
    John, you can measure the piston with a caliper. (precision measuring instrument) A bore gauge, or read the top of the piston markings. That will identify the exact size as well. 75 STD is stock, .25 and .50 are oversized.

Or you can take it to a machine shop.

The other clear tube is a vent hose for the battery. If you have a sealed battery, you don't need the tube.

Rebuild kits can be bought from many places.,, John Zigler from here, Ebay, etc....

Like the paint on your bike, thought you may like a picture of mine. I won the recent bike show on my military post. Just have to figure out how to post it here.

Thanks for the info.

Will stay in touch with ya when I get this piston out. May be after the 4th.

Last edited by armyguy7776; 07-03-2008 at 08:39 AM.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Cleveland OH
    Love to see a show winner.

Click on the post reply icon, put in a couple words and click on the "manage attachments" icon. Select your pics by clicking on the browse icon and click on the upload pictures icon. Then submit.

Thread Information