Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should my impellar touch my wear ring?

I just replaced the wear ring and installed solas impellar on my 03 Seadoo GTX Supercharged Four-Tech. One of the fins on the impellar rubs along the wear ring in one spot, but not too bad, just a little. Is this normal? Or is it something that I need to fix? What would you do?

are you sure its rubbing? can you hear grinding when you spin the shaft by hand?

is it a new impeller?

Yes it is a new impellar. When I drilled the holes in the wear ring, there may have been some debris on top and now it rubs in one spot. You can hear it grinding a little when you turn it.

well make sure its all clean then see if it still grinds..

the blade shouldnt touch the liner, if it is then the liner got swollen or one blade is tweaked bad.

I have cleaned everything up as best as I can and no matter what it just does not freaking stop. It is now very very minor, but still it does it. Is there anything I can do, and what will happen if I put it together like this?

Quote Originally Posted by super_gtx View Post
    I have cleaned everything up as best as I can and no matter what it just does not freaking stop. It is now very very minor, but still it does it. Is there anything I can do, and what will happen if I put it together like this?

id take the shaft and impeller out again and look at it carefully,,, is only one blade touching or all of them?

if you install it like this it will wear your liner out quick,, which could lead to bad cavitation and maybe mess the impeller up to the point of no return

I have taken it out twice now and done everything possible. First time I drilled the holes a little bigger for the screws and that helped, but it still rubs a little. Could it be the screw holes? It does rub near those and yes it is just one blade of the impeller. The place I bought it from is just worthless, the guy told me there is nothing I can do about it and I don't have a choice but to let it rub. Screw that I want it done right, so thank you for taking time out of your day to help me figure this out. Again it is not bad at all, I don't even think that is makes the impeller slow down in that spot anymore. It is just a small ching sound......

It actually is back to rubbing pretty good, wtf is going on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by super_gtx View Post
    Yes it is a new impellar. When I drilled the holes in the wear ring, there may have been some debris on top and now it rubs in one spot. You can hear it grinding a little when you turn it.
    what holes are you drilling in the wear ring?

ummmm for the 4 screws that hold the wear ring in. I am an idiot and have never done this before and the place I bought it from actually told me to drill the holes. I have been reading that you should melt the holes, right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information