Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

solas nose cone help

im going to install a 15/20r solas and did a search for install but found nothing. however i did come across a few threads that the nose cone was causing problems with the seal. all were dated 2007. has this problem been fixed or should i drill two holes in the nose cone anyway?also what type of grease should i use on the splines? any type of waterproof grease? is there anything else i need to be aware of? thanks everyone

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by vduzin12 View Post
    im going to install a 15/20r solas and did a search for install but found nothing. however i did come across a few threads that the nose cone was causing problems with the seal. all were dated 2007. has this problem been fixed or should i drill two holes in the nose cone anyway?Not sure actually what your talking about..the cone on your pump? or the cone on your impeller? either way I don't think you need to drill any holes..except if you have a new RXP-X, you drill holes in the intake grate/ pump area..I may have missed the memo??also what type of grease should i use on the splines? I don't grease the splines, I use a anti -seize lube.. any type of waterproof grease?I used sea doo marine grease in the pump bearings is there anything else i need to be aware of?Follow the tread in the how to section on pump/impeller removal and you should be fine thanks everyone

Good luck

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Good luck

Alex
    thanks alot. i did a search for "impeller" not "prop". the thread that i was referring to talked about how the prop nose cone trapped either air or water between the ring on the nose cone and the drive shaft casuing the drive shaft to move which resulted in water coming in the ski thru the carbon seal.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by vduzin12 View Post
    thanks alot. i did a search for "impeller" not "prop". the thread that i was referring to talked about how the prop nose cone trapped either air or water between the ring on the nose cone and the drive shaft casuing the drive shaft to move which resulted in water coming in the ski thru the carbon seal.
    Wow. I've never heard that one but I woudn't to much worry about that. Just make sure you get everything tight and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Alex13; 07-02-2008 at 07:18 PM.

+1
    just remove the nose cone I have not used one in 2 years it makes it a little harder installing the pump but I would not run one

+1
    +1 I dont run a nose cone either. They say removing the nose cone is good for .5 mph. I have never tested it back to back though.

+1
    +1 I dont run a nose cone either. They say removing the nose cone is good for .5 mph. I have never tested it back to back though.
    I sent you a new one with the prop I had a few extra

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Wow. I've never heard that one but I woudn't to much worry about that. Just make sure you get everything tigh and you'll be fine.

check these links;
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=nose+cone

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I sent you a new one with the prop I had a few extra
    Thanks, I needed a good paper weight.

+1
    I think the consensus is to remove the impeller nose cone. My recent experience was having my impeller nose cone "walking" up the driveshaft by 1/2 to 3/4 inch. This robbed nearly 1.5 to 2 mph on my radar run at mudbug.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information