95 raider fuel problem?

Having a problem with carbs. Had them rebuilt and fuel pump too seems to want to die alot. from a stop just gettin on it it wants to die unless you feather the throttle then it picks up. Also when coming out of a hard spin or hard corner it dies I have to tap the starter and feather the throttle to get it to pick up then all is fine. Float adj or what?????????????

Carbs

I would take the carbs out and at the very least check you jet settings and open up the diaphram side of the carb. This is the side that has a small hole on it held by four screws. one you open it check the diaphram and see if the rubber is new, if looks old and dirty dont do anything else take it back to who ever did the work and ask him to tear down the rest with you watching. If there is water in the other side you suck stuff from tank.

Thanks I will give it a shot..............

+1
    Sounds like it's running too rich to me. What do your plugs look like?

Ya I think your right the plugs look wet and black. How do I lean the mixture a little?

+1
    The low speed mixture screws are towards the bottom, facing the front of the boat. They should be about 1/2 turn out. The high speed screws are towards the top facing the rear of the boat. The front carb should be about 3/4 turn out. The rear carb about 1 turn out. Then you can adjust a little from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    The low speed mixture screws are towards the bottom, facing the front of the boat. They should be about 1/2 turn out. The high speed screws are towards the top facing the rear of the boat. The front carb should be about 3/4 turn out. The rear carb about 1 turn out. Then you can adjust a little from there.
    Those settings seem a bit lean to me.. I would start at 1 1/4out on the low's and 1 on the highs and dial in looking for rpm drop off.JMO

Rule of thumb is when it bogs its lean when it sputters its rich.

Marley Creek, MD
    If you're still running the oil injection that could explain having to feather it from a stop. Perhaps.

Just my $.02. (oh and it's my first post here, so hi).

ya still running oil injection but I didnt have this problem until the carbs were rebuilt. This is a stock motor I am pretty sure I just need to play with the high low screws. I have had a few tell me what they recommend but Iam not sure if they know this is a stock engine. I have a protech ride plate and intake grate with a skat trak impeller no engine mods. I currently have it adjusted 1 turn on the highs and 1 1/4 on the lows but I wont have it out until tomarrow. The shop I took it to had both highs and lows at 3/4 turn I think that is the problem I will find out tomarrow!

Thread Information