Banned User

01' GP1200r Upgrade! Looking for Parts! and Suggestions!

Hey guys im doing an upgrade on my 2001 GP1200r and was wondering if anyone is selling any of the parts i am looking before i go out and order them.

R&D Ride plate.
    R&D Intake Grate (one or two bars)
    R&D Trim tabs (not a necessity, but would buy them for the right price)
    R&D pump seal kit
    Solas Set-back impeller (13/19? 14/20?)
    Triple head cover, or even three singles (Looking for more compression)
    Silencer removal pipe
    seat cover/already modded seat

I was also wondering what your suggestions were for my uprgade. My ski has 180hours on it and is a 2001. Is it worth upgrading such an old ski? Last year when i did my compression test i was just over 120 on each piston. It seems to be running fine... and my buddy is helping me rebuild the carburetors. The hull has some scratches and dings from the previous owner, but all in all its in decient shape. I was just thinking about keeping it for awhile and just working on it since i love the hull and wouldnt settle for anything other than a GP.

The ride plate, intake grate, impeller, oil injection block off, and pump seal kit are a must. But what do you think about the silencer removal pipe? Wont i lose some top speed with that unless i bump up my compression and get some more power to equal out the back pressure? I also think the trim tabs arent worth the $180 for a slightly faster plane time... i feel the ride plate should do the trick. I would love to get some new heads and improve my compression but for $360 from both riva and R&D it will surprass what i want to spend right now. So i was hoping someone would have a set they were willing to sell. Or should i just send them to be milled? if so any suggestions on who to contact.

Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thank you for reading my post, and if for some reason i posted in the wrong place or disobeyed some forum rules i am sorry but i am fairly new to these forums. You guys seem very knowledgable and i look forward to your insight.
    Last edited by Coveted; 07-02-2008 at 11:27 PM.

+1
    Welcome aboard!!.... check out my buld thread....link in my sig.

....and prepare for the addiction!!.....lol

as for the freeflow exhaust.....its not a good idea until you do the head...and yes it will kill a little top-end...but gives low-mid....and adds a margin of safety for detonation....

....for Head work/ rideplate mods...check out Jim's Performance...he's a great guy to deal with and always answers his phone for advice and service....HIGHLY recommended....also check out Carl @ Island Racing....another GURU in the sport with lots of great services and pricing....
    Last edited by BoostCrzy; 07-02-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Banned User
    could use some more input please =] plan on purchasing these tommorow morning.

Other than the pump plug kit, you can definitely get all those items used here. Very easily.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    Other than the pump plug kit, you can definitely get all those items used here. Very easily.

Well if anyone is willing to sell them PLEASE let me know ASAP =]

I can pay via paypal anytime! or if your located in the ny/nj let me know!

thank you!

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
    I have this stock head cut by jim ,that i just got here ---http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ression%20head and havent run ,,cause i found out the tripple i am putting on want 125-135psi
    this head would bump it to 150psi 2 much for me ,,now that did a lot of reading on speedwerx pipes
    150 shipped
    thanks and enjoy
    mattman

Banned User
    As long as they would work on my 2001 Gp1200r i would have no problem purchasing them. Do they come with a girdle or is it not necessary?

And, thank you... i very much like these forums =]

Pm Sent.

African-American
    +1
    Check out the classifieds section

Contact WFO, MRTB, and ALOHR (they all seem to carry allot of good used parts).

Banned User
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Check out the classifieds section

Contact WFO, MRTB, and ALOHR (they all seem to carry allot of good used parts).

Thread Information