+1

Water in rxp-x hull

I have rolled my rxp-x a few times now, and atleast twice when i have rolled it back over (both times got it back over in well under a minute), the hull has filled up with water about half way and i have had to take it back to the boat ramp, put it on the trailer, and drain the water out..
    Should this happen?? I used to roll my Yamaha all the time, and only ever got water in the hull once, and it was upside down for a long time....
    Does any one else have this problem?

Thanks in advance

+1

Thumbs up

Well at the end of the day the hull is not air tight as the engine has got to breath some how, hence the intake ducts. These are shaped and formed so that when the hull is upside down they shoud not let water in as they are above the water level. but the seal around you seat could be suspect. 1 of my m8s rolled my rxp over and it ended up with about 6-7inches of water in it. My intake started to suck water so i had to do the same as you and drain it. Best thing to do would be to fit a bilge pump. At the end of the day theses things are never going to stay dry inside and if you are far from the ramp you need some way of emptying your hull in an emergancy. Plus if u roll it again and it fills then it is alot easyer to flik a switch and drain the hull then getting it back on the trailer. I will be fitting a pump in the very near future. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Well at the end of the day the hull is not air tight as the engine has got to breath some how, hence the intake ducts. These are shaped and formed so that when the hull is upside down they shoud not let water in as they are above the water level. but the seal around you seat could be suspect. 1 of my m8s rolled my rxp over and it ended up with about 6-7inches of water in it. My intake started to suck water so i had to do the same as you and drain it. Best thing to do would be to fit a bilge pump. At the end of the day theses things are never going to stay dry inside and if you are far from the ramp you need some way of emptying your hull in an emergancy. Plus if u roll it again and it fills then it is alot easyer to flik a switch and drain the hull then getting it back on the trailer. I will be fitting a pump in the very near future. R88
    Thanks mate, sounds like it might be worth looking into, what would a bilge pump set me back?

+1
    Well Im in the uk and a good quality 1 with all parts needed to fit it is around £80. I think that jerry sells them in the online store and he posts world wide so you could buy 1 from there. Having it happen 1ce to me is enough to make me get 1 installed. Cheap insurance if you ask me. Thanks R88

+1
    Just curious, what are you doing with the ski before it rolls over? If you're cutting tight circles where the ski is partially below the water line then water may already be filling the hull through the opening just under the front part of the seat. So it might not be filling just because you've rolled it but from the force of water flowing in the openings prior to rolling. Just my two cents.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Just curious, what are you doing with the ski before it rolls over? If you're cutting tight circles where the ski is partially below the water line then water may already be filling the hull through the opening just under the front part of the seat. So it might not be filling just because you've rolled it but from the force of water flowing in the openings prior to rolling. Just my two cents.
    Yer i am normally cutting tight circles or spin outs... so u might be right..

+1
    I'll put the trim all the way down and cut a tight circle and either try to get it tighter and tighter or sometimes I'll start tight and then go further outside the wake circle as fast as I can without it sliding out. I have the Riva sponsons all the way down so it really cuts nice! But when I get the front diving down the water cascades over the hood like a 2" clearcoat...and I usually get water in the hull from that sort of stuff.

+1
    install a bilge pump or 2 and be done with it

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    install a bilge pump or 2 and be done with it
    sounds like he needs 3 or 4 for all the rolling he does

Thread Information