Thread: R&D PowerShot

R&D PowerShot

I gotta few questions for you guys...i have the riva exhaust and air intake upgrade on my 07 250. The other day i pulled 2 spark plugs to check there condition. I noticed they were more towards being white in color on the tip rather than tan, which means its running lean. I heard this ski runs a little lean coming from the factory with no mods, is this true? The other question is..should i seriously consider buying the R&D powershot fuel inj. module because of the exhaust and air intake mods i have done? My last question...has anyone installed this? Can you give me an idea of how it wires in to the electrical system? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Regarding instalation even a 5yr old can do it so dont worry.
    After the install of the perf intake and the riva exhaust+waterbox my ski is having some issues that could be mixture related.I was thinking of giving it a try also...I have a 08.

07 models with P/S would be wasting money. The 07 ECU runs rich and adding fuel to it wont help.

08 models run lean thus the 3 star rating. Adding mods runs the craft even leaner and a power shot greatly inproves these conditions. Be sure to tune by RPM and speed. Use a GPS to see your speed at 3K 5K 7K and max RPM's abd speed before the P/S.
    When tunning you want to start in the green and work your best from there. Once thats done go onto yellow then red. That will help keep your data and tuning simple to understand for best results.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    07 models with P/S would be wasting money. The 07 ECU runs rich and adding fuel to it wont help.

08 models run lean thus the 3 star rating. Adding mods runs the craft even leaner and a power shot greatly inproves these conditions. Be sure to tune by RPM and speed. Use a GPS to see your speed at 3K 5K 7K and max RPM's abd speed before the P/S.
    When tunning you want to start in the green and work your best from there. Once thats done go onto yellow then red. That will help keep your data and tuning simple to understand for best results.

Is it possible without AFR meter?Just by listening?

Yes can be done without AFR. You will need to use your RPM and GPS Speed to tune your P/S for optimal performance.

If the 07 runs rich couldn't you use the P/S to lean out the mixture to get similar results as an 08? Would there be enough increase in fuel mileage to make it worthwhile??

P/S will only add fule via a injector pulseing. It will only add duration to the pulse, not take away duration.

So short answer is no.

I think its time someone write a "Complete Idiots Guide" regarding the pulley kit and powershot.

R&d power shot

can"t u blow up your ski by tuning the powershot yourself with out a afr ?

GJ
    No you cant blow up a ski by adding fuel "PowerShot". Only when you add more air do you run the risk of engine damage when it comes to stock Fuel delivery.

If you add a Power Shot it will add fuel/pulse to the stock pulse or fuel injector pulse length. What this does is intercept the pulse from the ECU into the P/S, adding to it so that the injectors get a greater reading which adds fuel. Too much fuel will loose speed but does not cause engine damage. So the short answer is that the P/S is a safe mod to try and work on performance with. It also will help on an 08 model but not an 07 one.

Now if you add boost or more air without more fuel then you run the risk of severe engine damage. Since the 08 is already on the lean side then adding a Pulley kit can and will damage the engine if you do not properly tune the fuel delivery system. Thus the cost as the P/S and the injectors are expensive items. The fuel pressure controller plays the biggest part in tunning the pulley kit properly.

Wrong tunning and not knowing what your doing is going to result in a poor outcome. Its important that if one chooses to install the kit then they need to understand alot about AFR and how to tune for optimal performance. Also you need to calibrate the AFR guage properly too.

Please dont expect me to spoon feed the tunning process with the WWW. Surely people will blaim me if something goes wrong and the process is not for rookies. If I attempt a step by step then it will incorage those who have no biusness doing so, to do so. Without a doubt it will come back to me for not explaining it just right. Something I dont want to do or care to do. Sorry but I get enough bashing and hating as it is to deal with, this would just open me up for more crap.

Thread Information