2 More issues.. RPM and Dream-o-Meter..

I have an RXT-X and basically I was riding yesterday here in NY and the water was pretty smooth almost being that the weather was about 90 degress and no wind really..

Riding around for a bit I started to punch my ski to try and see speed and rpms.

I now have 16 Hours on my ski.. while riding and just off the line I would punch my ski WOT and I would never see over 7900 RPM.. should this be normal with the weather and it being an ocean?

-

While riding yesterday also I noticed my speedo crapped out on me.. If I am idle It reads fine but the second I get over 15mph and start riding faster the numbers jump like crazy from 0 - 10 mph.. What could this be??

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by alb0zf1n3st View Post
    I have an RXT-X and basically I was riding yesterday here in NY and the water was pretty smooth almost being that the weather was about 90 degress and no wind really..

Riding around for a bit I started to punch my ski to try and see speed and rpms.

I now have 16 Hours on my ski.. while riding and just off the line I would punch my ski WOT and I would never see over 7900 RPM.. should this be normal with the weather and it being an ocean?

-

While riding yesterday also I noticed my speedo crapped out on me.. If I am idle It reads fine but the second I get over 15mph and start riding faster the numbers jump like crazy from 0 - 10 mph.. What could this be??

The Dreamo is never to be trusted, some start reading at 10mph (or what it THINKS is 10)...Don't worry about the dreamo...

The RPM's sound just about right for the heat, especially if the ski is stock with the original air intake...internal compartment temps rise causing heat fade...

Banned User
    +1
    I agree. anything in the 7900 range is normal for 90 degree heat and humidity on a stock T-X. I averaged 8000 rpm when mine was stock...and sometimes in the heat it would drop to 7990. Rember, peak performance is achieved at 8000 rpm, so your pretty close. Get a cheapy GPS and carry it in the glove box to see how fast your going. Then mod the ski, and compare the speeds.

Thread Information