Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Southwest Florida Summer Ski Fest 2008

Quote Originally Posted by TJ from PWCtoday!
    Ok. lets get this show on the road!!!!!! Todd and I will be visiting Lovers Key this week to review details on this years event. It will be the weekend of July 18 thru 20. It pretty much goes the same each year as those of you (which has been a lot) attend year to year know. Our local dealers are hurting quite a bit with sales so we might not be having the sponsored happy hour food this year. It's understandable the way the economy is so I think we can adapt. Were working on this though. The crowd might be smaller due to traveling and gas prices but small is good when it comes to mangrove ZIPPING! Right TODD? I'm a tad behind with moving this along due to a rough year of family and friends passing on. But, this should get my spirits jumping. We'll do our best to entertain everyone as usual. Once again, when contacting Lovers Key Resort make sure that you mention the you are with the naples ski group to get the discounted room price, which I really don't know what they are. I'll find out when we go over this week.
    Do me a favor and please e-mail me with a count of the number of people in your group that will be attending. Send the mail to " [email protected]" thanks TJ more to come
    All this info is from pwctoday, take a look at the link http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=174502

See you guy's out there!

+1
    Nice post t metz!

ttt

bump

Crazy rider seeking waves. CustomGP800's Avatar
    Ive already got a room booked!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CustomGP800 View Post
    Ive already got a room booked!
    we will see you at the best location in the area! might be on the ski in the avatar or an all blue gpr

+1
    should get there around 5 fri......

+1
    I will be there sometime Friday morning. This will be my first time thru the mangroves.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KenGTX View Post
    I will be there sometime Friday morning. This will be my first time thru the mangroves.
    You are going to have a good time!

+1
    more info:

We try to get an early start on Saturday so we don't waste to much time. Depending on how many riders there are 8- 9 am is a good time. BUT as usual there are always those who come late and need to get gas or whatever. We really don't like to leave anyone behind. What we might do is at 9 am take anyone who is ready on a mini ride to give those whose alarm clock did not work, a chance to join in without rushing. We'll get back to the resort between 9:30 and 10 am.
    Most likely we will be doing rides (guided tours) all day. I'm not quite sure of the time length of each, we'll play it by ear. Last year we went out in the morning for a few hours and headed back to the resort for lunch one day and the other we ate at a quaint little waterfront restaurant. Went back out again for another ride after lunch for an hour or so returned again and then out one more time. Sunday was about the same. The resort is right on an inlet, "Big Carlos Pass" to the Gulf of Mexico, so there is plenty of water to play in within eyesight of the resort. It is quite hard to get lost on the water unless you travel into the mangroves without a guide.
    We do keep our skis on the beach at the resort so you can come and go as one pleases. Bring your anchors if you don't want to beach your ski. We also tie them to the trees at night and lock them together with cables. There has never been any problems with theft. The resort is not right on the main road so there is only the people who stay there on the property, usually.
    The free boat ramp is only a mile or two down the road if you desire to take your skis out for the evening. Some people do that and take their skis for gas to the local gas station. There is a marina with gas about a 10-15 minute slow ride away, not sure of the price or octane though. What we usually do is bring a couple of gas cans to fill up the skis each night. Then that evening run out with the car and fill up the cans again. The closest gas station is about 5 minutes by car north of the resort. Just make sure that your skis are topped off before putting them in the water.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information