Blow Off Valve ?

Can you put a BOV on a stock RXP i have an 06. Is it worth the money?

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    There is a debate over this. Most people say dont use 'em, some peole say use 'em....It's seems to be a matter of opinion or experience.

I would definately love to put one on my RXT just for the sound, but have read much about not doing it.

+1
    Don't get one for the sound, you can hardly hear it. Its a mater of personal preference if you want to use one. Suppliers that don't sell then claim they destroy the clutch, suppilers that do sell then say they save the clutch.
    Both have "facts" but never anything etched in stone.
    I think it took a lot of bame for SC falures that had nothing to do with the BOV, but it was a handy scape goat. I ran a bov with no problems, went to the RR hd washers and the clutch failed in 2 hrs. Went to metal washers and no problem.
    People get all wound up about how a BOV helps or hurts, but mostly is just coincidence.
    Face it , the stock clutch is a poor idea.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I don't know about the sound though, in my riding area there are a few sc gtx's and rxp's that sound pretty loud to me. Maybe they are running a "true" BOV and not a diverter valve...? huh....? Can this be done?

Yes it will work on the stock RXP or RXT. You will probably get differing opinions on whether it is worth the price. I did run a blowoff on both my skis but they were not stock and I would say for a stock ski probably not worth the price.

Thanks guys appreciate the help , i'll probably get one i cant see how it would destroy the clutch i mean , i dont know if you could compare this but i believe the RXP has a Centrifical style blower, and for instance i have a roots type blower on my truck and roots dont use BOV, but my buddy has a procharger on his truck and procharger being Centrifical, they use a BOV, i know im comparing apples and oranges here but does this make a bit of sense i guess, oh and i called procharger and they are going to be making kits for the RXP soon!

Thread Information