Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Got Beat By New Sho!!!

Guys, I love seadoo as much as the next guy but I got beat several times by a brand new sho last weekend. My bike and his had 4 hours on them. He pulled me by a boat length out of the hole and stayed there every time. I could not have been more disapointed. It prompted me to order an air filter, grate and wedge kit the very next day. It gets me that every publication that tested all the new bikes had the x models smoking all challengers. I would hope with the new mods I will be returning the ass whipping next weekend but he paid 11500 for that giant whale and I paid 13k not counting the mods. Maybe I'm alone on this one but I sure am po.

what rpm are you running now? you might want to order a 15/22r also.

Banned User
    It only takes once....

+1
    was it chop? if so then no prob. If not chop then your ski will not be up to snuff until 10 hrs+ when the ecu says it's okay to let er rip.

Dont let jawz, or Rip hear bout this.

+1
    I raced a SHO... The first time I smoked it....500 ft in a mile. So he wanted to out accellerate me...5 seconds at a time We did it 4 times and I beat him by 70 ft all 4 times...5 boat lenght's in 5 seconds consistantly. Famous last words; "The dealer told me you'll be the fastest ski on this lake".

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subparwelder View Post
    Guys, I love seadoo as much as the next guy but I got beat several times by a brand new sho last weekend. My bike and his had 4 hours on them. He pulled me by a boat length out of the hole and stayed there every time. I could not have been more disapointed. It prompted me to order an air filter, grate and wedge kit the very next day. It gets me that every publication that tested all the new bikes had the x models smoking all challengers. I would hope with the new mods I will be returning the ass whipping next weekend but he paid 11500 for that giant whale and I paid 13k not counting the mods. Maybe I'm alone on this one but I sure am po.
    Now I am going to be devils advocate here........Sometimes its not always the boat....If you know how to ride and I dont mean you cant ride but every boat is different and you have to learn the tendencies of the boat and where its power is and what setting the vts needs to be on. that and how to ride the boat out of a holeshot and whatnot....Also wait after 10 hours and do it again without the mods and see what happens also what are your RPM's right now...there are a lot of factors you just cant pull back the throttle and epect to beat everything out there...Not saying you dont know what your doing just saying to take a second and look at some other things.....

Also this SHO might be pulling some old school.........yea man its stock I dont have anything on this boat.....I have heard that SH*T a thousand times in all kinds of racing.......So dont jump the gun.....RXP-X is a incrediable boat but its only as good as the rider well and some extras...but without you it dont go no were....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Dont let jawz, or Rip hear bout this.

2 late

You got problems with your ski or your riding skills if a SHO got you out of the hole. Unless they had alot of mods on the SHO and I doubt that was the case.

+1
    You need to get that RXPX working correctly before you go start mods. That will only inroduce tuns of headaches if you aren't straight stock first. Stock to stock the RXPX should smoke the ever living snot out of the SHO out of the hole and about 4 mph on top end. Get that staight first or like others said learn how to ride it then start your mods... BTW you should be at 8000 rpm and around 69 MPH on top. You should also pull the hell out of the sho out of the hole.

Like I doo!
    Ed

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information