Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978

    Triple Pipe Explanation

    Here is the question: Why does a pinhole in a triple affect the rpm so bad?

    I have a set and a pinohle knocked the rpm down a lot. Now i know a 2 stroke works on all back pressure but how can a hole on the inner pipe create this problem. Water coming in? I cant believe that there is a pressure diiference. That shouldn't effect the waves coming back that much. Please someone give an explanation.


  2. #2
    Pistonwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,595
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Here is the question: Why does a pinhole in a triple affect the rpm so bad?

    I have a set and a pinohle knocked the rpm down a lot. Now i know a 2 stroke works on all back pressure but how can a hole on the inner pipe create this problem. Water coming in? I cant believe that there is a pressure diiference. That shouldn't effect the waves coming back that much. Please someone give an explanation.
    Water under pressure sprays enough mist to get into cylinder via back pressure and rob your rpm's. It's not just a pinhole when you have 30-40+psi running through, it's a blowhole of water coming through.

    Hope that helps.

  3. #3
    helps me! and I wasn't even asking that makes perfect sense

  4. #4
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Water under pressure sprays enough mist to get into cylinder via back pressure and rob your rpm's. It's not just a pinhole when you have 30-40+psi running through, it's a blowhole of water coming through.

    Hope that helps.
    now if I had a small leak on the inner part by the part where the water is prayed in(stinger) is it worth cutting the pipe apart to fix it or just leave it?

  5. #5
    DAGO RACING CREW 97GPSLEEPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Orange, TX
    Posts
    4,228
    +1
    169
    The whole problem with your ski is your post count is 666, "the number of the beast, hell & fire was born to be released". Sorry, I got off on an Iron Maiden tangent (my favorite band).

    I thought all was going to be good after you had the cracks welded, did you find another crack/hole?

  6. #6
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    yeah I welded all the other holes but I found one somewhere in the smaller part of the pipe. I am so pi$$ed. I just hd them all powdercoated too. they didn't leak before the coating. I bet he dropped it.

  7. #7
    DAGO RACING CREW 97GPSLEEPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Orange, TX
    Posts
    4,228
    +1
    169
    Damn the bad luck. Stay patient, your almost there!

  8. #8
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    Damn the bad luck. Stay patient, your almost there!
    I have been working on this ski since feb and I have not got a run over 40. that is where I am coming from! getting real tired! I know triples need wrenching but I loved now I am getting tired.

  9. #9
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    The whole problem with your ski is your post count is 666, "the number of the beast, hell & fire was born to be released". Sorry, I got off on an Iron Maiden tangent (my favorite band).

    I thought all was going to be good after you had the cracks welded, did you find another crack/hole?
    lol....

  10. #10
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    I have been working on this ski since feb and I have not got a run over 40. that is where I am coming from! getting real tired! I know triples need wrenching but I loved now I am getting tired.
    hang tough man......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 785 Triple pipe water cooling explanation
    By bowsniper in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
  2. My RXP is faster than a triple piped STXr
    By LiquidDI in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 12:47 AM
  3. Advent CDI Triple Pipe Curves....what's the best ones?
    By carbuff91 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 06:53 PM
  4. Stage II RXP "SMOKED" a BB triple piped Gpr
    By GPR/STX-15F/RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 10:24 PM
  5. 1200-65u Triple Pipe Jetting Help
    By wb1205 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •