Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

03 pump conversion

Well, got my new efi controller today, installed and went out on the water to set it. I installed a IR holeshot kit this spring and did the 05/07 pump conversion swap. This thing halls ass in accelleration, but I'm missing my top end speed. Before I installed the holeshot and pump kit, I was running 67/68 gps. Now I'm only running 61/62 under same conditions. My rpm has dropped from 7050/7150 to 6800/6900. I have riva stage 1 with reed stuffers, 145psi heads, 3* key, efi controller, and aftermarket air intake. Could it be I don't have enough power to swing this new setup? Engine was rebuilt about 40 hours ago. What do you think? Donald

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    rpm's way to low be careful you do not seize the engine, To much impeller.

So I have the solas 14/20. Should I try to get a different prop or look into getting this one repitched?

What if I put the Riva noozzle back on instead of the stock one? Would that make any difference?

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DONALDBUCHANAN View Post
    So I have the solas 14/20. Should I try to get a different prop or look into getting this one repitched?
    I am having the exsact oppisite problem with a 05 kit I bought. I have rmps to spare! I would have the prop pitched checked. I sure would think with your modds you should be turning a 14/20! ...
    I have a 14/24 that I am turning at 7380-7400 at 73.4 mph...
    I removed the washer and got 76.7 at 7300-7280. that tells me the prop is pitched to light!

Look AT your prop for me... Look at the edges for burns. Mine has burned in to my pump liner that was new. I will have it out to show off in a few days I ended up fileing mine. Just some food for thought.

Please keep me up dated.
    Thanks

+1
    Well, got my new efi controller today, installed and went out on the water to set it. I installed a IR holeshot kit this spring and did the 05/07 pump conversion swap. This thing halls ass in accelleration, but I'm missing my top end speed. Before I installed the holeshot and pump kit, I was running 67/68 gps. Now I'm only running 61/62 under same conditions. My rpm has dropped from 7050/7150 to 6800/6900. I have riva stage 1 with reed stuffers, 145psi heads, 3* key, efi controller, and aftermarket air intake. Could it be I don't have enough power to swing this new setup? Engine was rebuilt about 40 hours ago. What do you think? Donald
    your speed seems too slow for the revs youre turning....you should be at 67-68mph with 6900rpm on the DF 14/20.....is it repitched?....this is a GPR correct?...
    Last edited by BoostCrzy; 07-04-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    has anyone thought about drag ?

Donald, have you modifed the rideplate, pump shoe, intake grate, trim tabs, etc?

does this ski have the recall done on the pump shoe bolts? could be out of wack in that area also, RPMs seem low so it could be your prop but i dont think that alone will take you down 7 mph.

Yes, the pump shoe updates have been done. I had the bottom of the hull recoated but looks like factory. For some reason, I find the speed here is slower then other places. Last summer my cousins came down from Ontario with two 07 RXPs and they could pull me out of the hole, but topend was the same at 67 mph. Where I'm finding her strong on the bottom end and accelleration,(with the new pump setup) I really question maybe it's too much prop. I don't want to go to the work of putting the old one back on as I damaged it when I removed it anyways. And yes, it is a GPR, Donald

Oh, and IowanGPR, I have the riva ride plate washered down one on the front, riva trim tabs,(not cut), updates done to the pump shoe bolts, and I'm using the stock noozzle with the 05 pump. I wish I was closer to the pros on here. I ride in salt water

African-American
    +1
    I had a similar issue..

After the pump plug kit.. my pump shoe was hanging 2x us$0.25 (quaters) below the hull.

And thus pushing my intake grate even deaper into the water.

Scrubbed 10mph off my speed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information