Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1

This is how you get speed

You can put all the power you want if you can't get the hull out of the water it's wasted horse power. Look at the picture with Leo running my ski at mudbug 82.9 mph. and backed it up with a 82.5 mph later in the day with hotter temps. Mind you this is a single pipe efi ski, Take a look at the hull about 60 percent of it is out of the water almost to the intake grate. with no splash all over the place. Who needs to do superman when you have that much hull out of the water.

The rxp is even more critical being such a heavy ski and longer. Look at JD1'S ski in the Sabastian drag race video on this forum look at how much of the hull was out of the water about 60 plus percent, That equals to a lot of speed. I think the rxp guys need to start focusing more on the hull and handling and less on just trying to add more power and more power.

Just my 2 cents, I hope this helps you sea doo guys. Thank you, Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8346.JPG 
Views:	384 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	81217  
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 07-03-2008 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks For The Advice

AS A "SEADOO" GUY, I AM CERTAINLY PAYING ATTENTION , AS MY RIDE PLATE IS IN YOUR SHOP AWAITING YOUR MAGICAL TOUCH JERRY HAS BEEN FEEDING US SOME GREAT TIDBITS LATELY ,SO WHAT OTHER ADVICE CAN YOU OFFER IN REGARDS TO THE HULL AND HANDLING? MANY THANKS

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDooers View Post
    AS A "SEADOO" GUY, I AM CERTAINLY PAYING ATTENTION , AS MY RIDE PLATE IS IN YOUR SHOP AWAITING YOUR MAGICAL TOUCH JERRY HAS BEEN FEEDING US SOME GREAT TIDBITS LATELY ,SO WHAT OTHER ADVICE CAN YOU OFFER IN REGARDS TO THE HULL AND HANDLING? MANY THANKS
    Hello SeaDooers, The plate is only one part of the puzzle. There is alot involved in working together to accomplish that kind of lift. On the yamaha's it plates, tabs, intake shimming, pump shoe height, sponsons, hull trueing, nozzle degree's. And lots and lots of time to find that sweet spot

Do you suggest trim all the way up for max speed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    You can put all the power you want if you can't get the hull out of the water it's wasted horse power. Look at the picture with Leo running my ski at mudbug 82.9 mph. and backed it up with a 82.5 mph later in the day with hotter temps. Mind you this is a single pipe efi ski, Take a look at the hull about 60 percent of it is out of the water almost to the intake grate. with no splash all over the place. Who needs to do superman when you have that much hull out of the water.

The rxp is even more critical being such a heavy ski and longer. Look at JD1'S ski in the Sabastian drag race video on this forum look at how much of the hull was out of the water about 60 plus percent, That equals to a lot of speed. I think the rxp guys need to start focusing more on the hull and handling and less on just trying to add more power and more power.

Just my 2 cents, I hope this helps you sea doo guys. Thank you, Jim
    Awesome work Jim. I am all over it, I just dont want to tear into it right now. First times allways take longer and right now is not a good time for ski not to be in the water.
    I would love to put the plate on the RXP. The quest to see how much I can squeze out of it at 8,100 would definitely benifit without a doubt.

Will be in the works very soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Awesome work Jim. I am all over it, I just dont want to tear into it right now. First times allways take longer and right now is not a good time for ski not to be in the water.
    I would love to put the plate on the RXP. The quest to see how much I can squeze out of it at 8,100 would definitely benifit without a doubt.

Will be in the works very soon.
    Hello skoepp, I just want the forum members to know that the plate is (only a part) of the hull lifting process.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hello skoepp, I just want the forum members to know that the plate is (only a part) of the hull lifting process.
    I appreciate the info and it will be on my ski soon.

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    I gotta say...........

The BIGGEST gain on the SUV conversion was the addition of a "jims plate"
    over 4 mph increase

gained more from the plate - shoe combo then all the engine mods combined.

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    The problem is that since our initiation into the Greenhulk family we have been taught the Greenhulk credo: "The more boost you make, the more fun you will have."

It doesn't say anywhere, "The less hull you have in the water, the more fun you will have."

If that were true, then we would be having the most fun with the ski just sitting on the trailer. Now we are told we have to change our collective mindsets. We are all boostaholics and just can't accept the facts....
    Last edited by WOT; 07-07-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

+1
    well, to be "really really really really" fast you gotta have the best of both worlds.

Lots of boost and a ski that glides better thru the water

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information