Question Idea's to dock a PWC??

During the week I have the ski on a lift under my boat. But would like to have somewhere else on the weekend.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas (especially some home made idea's) on how to store the boat for the day.

I'm on a lake with the water level the same all the time (+/- 6")

Shore line is rocks and very steep.

Don't feel like spending $1000 on floating plastic dock (cost + winter storage of the dock)

Was thinking of getting 2- 2"x6" around 8' long boards with 12" spacer 2'x4" and make something that would look like a ladder lieing down, and connect to the edge of the dock, so it would be12" higher on the dock side, and I could drive it up, and leave it. And if I wanted to put it on the dock, just pull it accross on the dock.

WOuld appriete to hear some idea's

And if you have a pic, would be great to see as well

Quote Originally Posted by 2SlowinTO View Post
    During the week I have the ski on a lift under my boat. But would like to have somewhere else on the weekend.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas (especially some home made idea's) on how to store the boat for the day.

I'm on a lake with the water level the same all the time (+/- 6")

Shore line is rocks and very steep.

Don't feel like spending $1000 on floating plastic dock (cost + winter storage of the dock)

Was thinking of getting 2- 2"x6" around 8' long boards with 12" spacer 2'x4" and make something that would look like a ladder lieing down, and connect to the edge of the dock, so it would be12" higher on the dock side, and I could drive it up, and leave it. And if I wanted to put it on the dock, just pull it accross on the dock.

WOuld appriete to hear some idea's

And if you have a pic, would be great to see as well
    Not a bad idea, cover it with trailer rail carpet so it won't scratch the gel coat. How would you anchor the end sticking out into the water? or just let it float on foam/plastic floats? Bigbuck and Caldo made something like you are talking about for their truck to carry a 3rd ski in the truck bed on a ladder like thingy with any electric winch to haul it up and down. If you want a pic, pm bigbuck12345, he might have one.

The Crazy CLam
    if you already have a dock, use an idea similiar to trailer bunks angling into the water that you can drive up on and then put a hand crank to get it totally out of the water. obviously with some cross supports and enough board to get in the water. Mike

if u look on craigslist i saw a few times ppl sell the floating docks(used of course) for abour 400-500. Worth a try if you dont make ur own.

Thread Information