Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to turn off buzzer in my 06'RXT?

How to simply turn off buzzer in my Sea-Doo 06' RXT?
    Got problems with battery charging but very loud signal every 10-20 seconds make me nervous... I must charge battery every day until will fix alternator...

+1
    Do yourself a favor and keep it plugged in. You'll need it some day. The better alternative is to quiet it down by A LOT. Get some electrical tape and put multiple layers (3-5) over the sound output. It's located on the front of the steering system. You'll be more likely to spot the sound holes if you look at the steering from the front of the ski.

You're right. Will try with tape - mayby I can do it from inside for better looking... How to go inside?

a dab of silicon works wonders

I just resolved my battery problem by replacing the voltage regulator. $150. With the ski idleing put a volt meter across the battery terminals. You should see 13.5 to 13.8 volts. If not then it's a very chance that the regulator (rectifier) is bad and needs replacing.

Shibby explained that after starting the ski's electrics, ecu, run directly off the battery so If the battery runs down while skiing you will be dead in the water and possibly harm the display and other electricts. Easy install, just plug and play.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You can take the shroud off the handle bars and disconnect the buzzer till you fix the problem. There are a couple of screws that hold the two halves of the shroud together.

@ lafjax
    I checked: battery, fuses and borrowed regulator from my friednd jetski and... nothing changed - still "low 12 volt" message with beep so probably it's something wrong with PTO - it think debrits from ceramiscs washers of SC failure messed something inside - and it requires pull off the engine and very hard work. My vacations starting in few days so I have no time to fix it... I've got 2 good bateries so one fully charged will be always in jetski storage. Will be charging second one (mounted) every night. I don't know how long can I use safetly jetski with fully charged battery at night and with no charging on water...? 1 hour? 2 hours?
    I'm really affraid to harm display, electrics etc...

@ NCHeel
    I probably will disconect buzzer as you adviced
    Last edited by BlackJack1; 07-04-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack1 View Post
    How to simply turn off buzzer in my Sea-Doo 06' RXT?
    Got problems with battery charging but very loud signal every 10-20 seconds make me nervous... I must charge battery every day until will fix alternator...
    Do yourself a favor, something is wrong in your ski. Listen to it's cry for help. Afterall, that's what the buzzer is all about.

Has anyone an idea what's worg with battery charging? I checked: battery, fuses and borrowed regulator from my friednd jetski and... nothing changed - still "low 12 volt" message with beep.
    My vacations starting in few days so I have no time to hard fix it... I've got 2 good bateries so one fully charged will be always in jetski storage. Will be charging second one (mounted) every night. I don't know how long can I use safetly jetski with fully charged battery at night and with no charging on water...? 1 hour? 2 hours?
    I'm really affraid to harm display, electrics etc...
    How to check if generator is ok? Where to check by voltometer only generator? How much voltage before regulator it need to display?
    Last edited by BlackJack1; 07-06-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack1 View Post
    @ lafjax
    I checked: battery, fuses and borrowed regulator from my friednd jetski and... nothing changed - still "low 12 volt" message with beep so probably it's something wrong with PTO -
    Sorry to hear that...the dealer mechanic told me that if changing out the regulator and cleaning fuses did not fix the problem then it could be the stator. Much more serious...but just maybe you do have something sorted and just draining the battery. Well, though, you should still see 13.5 volts with a good resonator even if the battery were low. Bummer!! Warranty??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information