+1

1997 GP1200 water cooling with hose

I got this GP1200 from my brother about 2 months ago and I fired it up for the first time yesterday. It started up with no problem.

Anyway, he has a water flush hose installed in the ski. Its easy to connect it to the garden hose and let cooling water into the system. As I did this, a good stream of water was coming out of the outlet on the left front side of the ski along with plenty of water coming out of the back of the ski just like it does with my 1994 Waveraider.

Later in the day, I jacked up the front of the trailer so that the front of the ski was a little higher than the aft. This time when I started the engine and turned on the garden hose, I couldn't really get any water to come out of the left front side water outlet . At one time, I reved it just a bit and water came streaming out but when I let off the throttle, the water stopped coming out of the outlet. I kept feeling the engine and I knew that it wasn't getting hot at all so I wasn't too worried about that and, of course, the temp light never came on.

I'm planning on taking this ski out on Monday when my friend from Louisiana gets here. Do you think that I've got a problem or does it have more to do with the front of the ski being up slightly higher than the rear ?

+1
    That's normal. The waterhose doesn't create enough pressure to let it flow true the waterbypass if the nose is higher. When you rev it, it creates pressure in the lines due to the exhaust. It's a good thing though to start the engine after an half hour of flushing to blow the water that is left in the exhaust out of it. If the water comes out from the rear during flushing, on the LEFT end RIGHT side of the pump your ok. Just make sure not to let the engine run without water for more then 10 to 15 seconds.

+1
    Thank you aruba for your reply. I'm not going to worry about it as I think that you're right. I'm going to put the ski in the water on Monday as long as it doesn't rain me out. I'm sure it'll work just fine and the next time I put the garden hose on it, I'll make sure the front of the ski is lower than the rear .

Danny

+1
    No problem, glad to help out.
    I only forgot to tell you that during riding the bypass HAS to pass water true. If it operates good and during riding it stops flowing, stop the engine and come back to shore as you may have a problem in your cooling system. If during riding it flows, have a blast !!

+1
    I took the ski out today along with my Raider. They both ran great and we burned all the gas until the gas gauges were blinking and beeping . The GP1200 cooled just fine and a nice stream of water was coming out of the water outlet on the left side of the ski.

When I got home, I made sure that the front of the trailer was lower than the rear. With the engine running and the garden hose on, a nice stream of water was coming out of the outlet. All is well!

Danny

+1
    There ya go.

Thread Information