+1

Question Ceramic Bearings

Im sure this is a subject that has or is about to cause some controvosy. Now I know that the ceramic bearings are alot more reliable and longer lasting than the metal 1s along with other benefits. But if these bearings take a s**t the ceramic dust is going to end up everywhere through the engine as in a washer failure right?? Therefore costing as much to put right as a washer failure that we all avoid with fitting metal washers. It just seems strange to me that re introducing the ceramic back into the system although less likely to cause damage due to higher reliabilty, could cost so much more than just having to fitt a pair of new metal bearings and a rebuild kit, In the event of a bearing failure. Assuming you have no bad damage to the sc housing ect. I am not trying to bad on the ceramic bearings as I have no expirience of them. This is just something that i have been thinking about for some time as I want to upgrade my sc and wish to ensure it is as reliable as possible. Please dont take this thread the wrong way I am just puting out an idea that I have considered and wanted others opinion on the matter. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Im sure this is a subject that has or is about to cause some controvosy. Now I know that the ceramic bearings are alot more reliable and longer lasting than the metal 1s along with other benefits. But if these bearings take a s**t the ceramic dust is going to end up everywhere through the engine as in a washer failure right?? Therefore costing as much to put right as a washer failure that we all avoid with fitting metal washers. It just seems strange to me that re introducing the ceramic back into the system although less likely to cause damage due to higher reliabilty, could cost so much more than just having to fitt a pair of new metal bearings and a rebuild kit, In the event of a bearing failure. Assuming you have no bad damage to the sc housing ect. I am not trying to bad on the ceramic bearings as I have no expirience of them. This is just something that i have been thinking about for some time as I want to upgrade my sc and wish to ensure it is as reliable as possible. Please dont take this thread the wrong way I am just puting out an idea that I have considered and wanted others opinion on the matter. R88
    +1 i agree

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    But if these bearings take a s**t the ceramic dust is going to end up everywhere through the engine as in a washer failure right??
    No, the cerbec balls in these bearings are nearly indestructible. They will not shatter and turn to dust as one might think. If the bearing fails it's the cage that fails.

+1

Wink

Aha Jerry, I figured if i was thinking along the wrong lines the some1 would put me straight. I think that I might go for a x charger. Jerry would it be possible for you swap out the oe bearings for ceramics before it was sent over to me?? I just think this would be an easyer solution than having the sc and parts sent to me then getting the dealer to fitt them up. R88

+1
    Yep, i can certainly do that for you.

Thread Information