Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

08 X supercharger clutch failure?? Questions

OK so I-m 99% sure it failed , my questions are to be 100% I take off the outlet hose and see if it spins right? If it spins freely the clutch failed right? Ok now if the clutch has failed, do I have to remove the engine and clean the oil pumps, etc like the 07's and older when the ceramic clutches failed? If they did fail are Jerrys better than Sea Doos? Since it is under warrenty my dealer will have to fix it but I want to buy the best washers/clutch available or should I stay stock? I have done SC replacement on my 06 and 07 so its no big deal I just dont want to be down longer than neccassary.
    Thanks,
    Mike

+1
    What makes you think if failed

+1
    got my spankin' new zero hour xcharger back from Btteck and oem bearings he removed had about 15 thou of slop. Pathetic. Brian replaced with his spec washers and metal bearings with tighter tolerance. I didnt want ceramic brgs only because i dont want anything ceramic inside the engine after spending time on this forum. Great service and turnaround seems to be a trait with guys on this site like Jerry and Brian and Nils and JD and i could go on and on... great team of resources we have here.

Hope you get things worked out without too much $

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    What makes you think if failed
    +1. The last guy that posted that his x failed later posted that he made a mistake and it was a boost leak or something. I hope this is the case here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    got my spankin' new zero hour xcharger back from Btteck and oem bearings he removed had about 15 thou of slop. Pathetic. Brian replaced with his spec washers and metal bearings with tighter tolerance. I didnt want ceramic brgs only because i dont want anything ceramic inside the engine after spending time on this forum. Great service and turnaround seems to be a trait with guys on this site like Jerry and Brian and Nils and JD and i could go on and on... great team of resources we have here.

Hope you get things worked out without too much $
    I thought the same thing about the ceramic bearings but according to Jerry if they were to fail the balls are so strong that they dont break up like the washers do. So considering they are more reliable and cooler running and wont break up in the event of a failure. Jerry said that if they do fail it is the cages that go. So my conclusion is that ceramics are the way to go. My o2, R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    +1. The last guy that posted that his x failed later posted that he made a mistake and it was a boost leak or something. I hope this is the case here.
    Total loss of power, runs just like my 07 did when it blew its clutch. I checked all the hoses from the sc to the innercooler, innercooler to the the throttle body all seem tight. I checked the exhaust hoses their tight so it tells me it must be in the super charger it self right? On my 07 I forgot to tighten the outlett hose on the innercooler (stage 2) and it came off so I rememebered that one, I also had the exhaust hose come off once and it ran like crap so I remembered that one to. What else could be going on to cause a power loss?

+1
    did you remove the supercharger inlet hose to see if the SC impeller spins freely?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    did you remove the supercharger inlet hose to see if the SC impeller spins freely?
    No not yet, should I? It is still under warrenty (2 HOURS) I was looking at getting at it but dang they have a mess of hoses . If it is a clutch failure do I have to pull the engine and clean all the pump scrrens and oil passages like the 07 and older ceramic bearing setups?

+1
    I think you mean ceramic washer setups...
    there are no ceramics in the X models, they have metal washers.

Just take it back to the dealer it might be something else, who knows...
    you say TOTAL loss of power, like idle speed only?

+1
    Not a total loss, its just like when my 07s ceramic washers blew, your power drops off to about 1/2 of what it should be. No I know the washers are different, I just wasnt sure what happened if the slipped and gave out, no little pieces of metal inside huh? Are Jerrys better than the sotckers? If so I would just overnight some and have my dealer toss them in on his dime .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information