Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone help tell me what parts i need??

I have a seadoo 2006 SC limited, so i lent my brother the ski for a weekene and u know how it goes when someone has something that is not theirs. Anywho the dealer told me i need the computer(ecu) and the electronic box 985 + 645 + labor= aproxx 2400 The mechanic was cool enough to tell me that if i search for the parts on my own it the labor can be done for about 300 bucks so now im not sure what ecu and what electronic box i can use. Can i use the ones from other skis? Do i need the exact same one? Im really not sure, if canyone can enlighten me please do! Thanks fellas and gals.

I'd say that dealer is bending you over

Why did you take it there in the first place?
    ECU and MPEM are the last things you want to replace.

im a noob to this whole thing. He was honest and did say dude r better off just finding the parts and have me or someone else put em on. I just dont know what to do. Anybdy have any suggestions?

+1
    Why would need a ECU and MPEM? What did He do, jump start someone off your ski? Get hit with lightening! I fragged a ECU once because of jumping another ski. 1st I would look at as a chance to buy go fast goodies from Jerry, the site owner. Those two items can be changed in 15 minutes, it does not sound right to me. Good luck.

wats the site and how much would it run me? I just dont want to purvchase something and then im stuck with it and its not what i need u know.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    What happened to the ski EXACTLY and what are its symptoms NOW. We are trying to tell you that these two components do not just go bad without a reason.

There are a lot of good site members in the NY area who might be willing to help you.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-04-2008 at 01:23 PM.

well my brother said he was riding in shallow water and the suction tube i guess burst , and the ski got some water inside. The ski now, the gages turn on it detects the key but when the star button is pushed it makes a little clank noise. He took the ski to the delaer and was told by the dealer it started but the electric box and computer would have to be replaced. This was last august, he didnt have the money so he got it winterized, cleaned and then stored it in a garage.

Now the gages do turn on and it detects both the regular and learner key, and shows the house, gas levels etc. Im saying i need the elctric box and ecu just by what the dealer told me because honestly im a complete noob to skis. I just wanna get my baby running again and never let it out of my site.

Start with a new battery. Do you have a couple tools? Are you willing to learn? Save some money, read up as much as you can here and ask questions.

When a ski won't start and is just clicking 99% of the time it is one of two things, battery or starter relay. It will only need the parts the dealer has said if someone tried to jump it and hooked the cables backwards.

really, ill take pics of the pc in a bit and post them. And yes i have a battery from my atv, ill try that on today. It is possible the computer got wet also btw so that can cause the problem too right?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what's your location? NCHeel mentions NY...

if so where... maybe i can help... let me know...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information