+1

Odyssey PC925 or PC925L

I did a search but couldn't find the information I wanted on a battery fit for a 4-Tec. I know that Odyssey's website says that a 925L is the battery for the ski, but I remember someone here complaining about the terminals on the side versus the top. I would rather have the terminals on the top to ease connect/disconnect. The 925 is the same dimesions as the 925L also. Other specifications are the same.

Boy, sounds like I have done enough research to answer my own question, huh . I just wanted to see if someone had installed the PC925 before I purchased one and learned a hard lesson when it got here. Has anyone installed the PC925 versus the PC925L?
    Last edited by thompsdw; 07-04-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thompsdw View Post
    I did a search but couldn't find the information I wanted on a battery fit for a 4-Tec. I know that Odyssey's website says that a 925L is the battery for the ski, but I remember someone here complaining about the terminals on the side versus the top. I would rather have the terminals on the top to ease connect/disconnect. The 925 is the same dimesions as the 925L also. Other specifications are the same.

Boy, sounds like I have done enough research to answer my own question, huh . I just wanted to see if someone had installed the PC925 before I purchased one and learned a hard lesson when it got here. Has anyone installed the PC925 versus the PC925L?
    The battery lays down, which I don't particularily like, but it works just fine. It's just close to the engine... Ron

+1
    Not sure what you mean by "lays down", are you talking about the 925L? Can you elaborate just a little.......

+1
    I was incorrect. The specifications are not the same on hxwxd.

Doo'n it on the Lake ... GTXDawg's Avatar
    I'd highly recommend BigCrank ETX30XL - not quite as tall (11/16" shorter - just use a spacer under the bracket/top of battery) but same footprint and great closed AGM mil-spec battery. It is a Deka (great mfgr) battery AND great price for our 4-tecs!

Quote Originally Posted by thompsdw View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "lays down", are you talking about the 925L? Can you elaborate just a little.......
    The battery connections face the engine because the battery lays on its side. When facing the rear of the ski, the positive battery terminal is on the left side. The only thing I don't like about the installation, is that if the battery ever came loose, the terminals could short out on the engine block... Ron

Thread Information