Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Carb Rebuild!!!!

Well, while everyone was out having a great 4th I was in the garage rebuilding my carb. Everything looked like it was in good working order, so I'm not sure it was necessary to rebuild it. The only thing that looked worn was the diaphragm. I have a couple of questions...

-Even though the parts of the carb looked alright could they still be broken?

I also checked the thermostat pop-off and what I found was interesting. There two little pebbles in the thermostat and one side of the pop-off valve was almost completely shaved off. Could this make my motor run completely crappy?
    Last edited by Goliath; 07-04-2008 at 05:08 PM.

I tried to attach pictures, but it said that I have insufficient priviledges...

I'm here for ya! lol send me your pics [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    Yeah I used one of those, except it is a Keihin CDK II.

You think that pebbles in there could cause the engine to run bad?

I need to run to the store real quick. When I get home I'll e-mail you the pictures.
    Last edited by Goliath; 07-04-2008 at 05:58 PM.

OK! I'll post the pics but keihins aren't my thing! sry I missed your sig to see what u had

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    I tried to attach pictures, but it said that I have insufficient privileges...
    You cannot add pictures to an existing post (forum post editing bug/limitation).

You must reply or create a new post, and add your pictures using Advanced Mode -> Manage Attachments.

Click Preview to verify your pictures are good, then click Submit.

Pics

Does image coding work on this website?

Little blurry. The camera focused on my aunt's hand instead of the pop-off valve. If you look right above her thumb you can see that whole side is worn down.

I'll post some more so you guys can see if the carb looked clean or not. I think it looked SPOTLESS!!

Oh and I got a new Thermostat (the old one was enscribed with N 143, K06, and 16. The new one is enscribed with N 143, C 08, and 30. The owner of the shop said that as long as the temp (143) is the same that the new one will be fine. Does he know what he is talking about?), but I couldn't find a pop-off valve in an stores around me. I need to find a place to order one.
    Last edited by Goliath; 07-04-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    ...the pop-off valve....the whole side is worn down...
    Oh and I got a new Thermostat ...owner of the shop said that as long as the temp (143) is the same that the new one will be fine. Does he know what he is talking about?

...I couldn't find a pop-off valve in an stores around me. I need to find a place to order one.
    Replacement thermostat and pop-off parts should be available at Babbitts, AlanticPowerSports, Watcon, and I would imagine used ones aren't too hard to find either.

At least one of the Polaris Service Manuals even mentions checking the plastic end for wear, so it would seem that what you have is not unexpected.

Thermostat should be OK, but you might be able to also clean yours up, and check it in a pot of hot water on the stove. Then keep it as a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Replacement thermostat and pop-off parts should be available at Babbitts, AlanticPowerSports, Watcon, and I would imagine used ones aren't too hard to find either.

At least one of the Polaris Service Manuals even mentions checking the plastic end for wear, so it would seem that what you have is not unexpected.

Thermostat should be OK, but you might be able to also clean yours up, and check it in a pot of hot water on the stove. Then keep it as a spare.
    Sounds good... Do you think that those two things combined would make an engine run as bad as it was? Or do you think that the carb actually was damaged, but I just couldn't see it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information