Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Pictures of what happens when ceramics blowout

Here is what happens when your ceramic's blow. I have an 06 with 42 hrs. It happened on my trailer with very little run time and no high rpm run time either and this is how much damage happened. Both front and rear oil pumps and housings, S/C bearings and related parts 632.39 The dealer told me 8 weeks before he could even get to it. Summer would be over! But instead 632.39 later and dont for get the "NEXT DAY AIR" and my parts will be here tomorrow and if all goes well back on the water this weekend, SURE BEATS THE HELL OUT OF 8 WEEKS. Anyway if you have ever blown out your ceramics and have been out riding your oil pumps probably look worse than mine, better make sure you or your dealer check and replace them. These pics might not be the best but basically the rotor for the oil pumps should be perfectly smooth not all scratched up, that can lead to a loss of oil pressure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 040.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	4562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 056.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	4563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 051.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	4564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 052.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	4565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 053.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	4566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 054.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	4567  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 055.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	4568  

Wow,those are biggest pieces of broken ceramics I`ve ever seen.You must have caught it real quick and still all the damage to you oil pumps .Are you going to fit steel washers now?

so you weren't in the water?
    at what point did you go damn my ceramics ate it ?

Did you loose rpms real quick at WOT ?

I still have ceramic and going to hold onto them until 100hrs.

+1
    It sounds like you got a good deal- where did you get the parts from?

+1
    No I'm going to just put new ceramics in.........HERE'S YOUR SIGN Sorry just trying to be funny. Yes CRS I already have them in my hands and I am just waiting for the rest of the parts to put it back together. The ceramic actually broke while on the trailer, you know when you blow the water out of the exhaust you rev it up a couple of times, well I did it twice and when it idled down it was REALLY quiet I didnt know exactly what it was, I just knew something was wrong and sure enough thats what I found. So just imagine being out riding and this happens and you ride the rest of the day or even just back to the trailer. What kind of damage do you think there would be

+1
    KINCH; I do wish you the best of luck on your 100 hrs, sure hope you done have to go through this but if you do you WILL be kicking yourself!

VMAN; I got the parts through a local dealer that I have been dealing with for a number of years, they have excellent parts people that know how to get the job done

+1
    Man you should of been all over this then???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I lucked out and only bought it for the new 2006 update SCer assembly, but it has all the oil pump stuff as well.

If you get in a bind in anyway and need any of it, let me know.

+1
    WATER you are the man, hang on to that stuff. Thanks for the offer. I have all the parts you have there on a red ticket for tomorrow. I wish I saw it on ebay but I dont go there too much

+1
    Kinch, why on earth would you want to continue to run the ceramics when you can upgrade to metal for $100 and not have to worry about trashing your engine when the ceramics explode?

I want to get it done from warranty. I'm at 80 hours now and figure I'd take the SC in during the winter and get the 06 clutch and then mail it off to you to have the metal washers and whatever SC mod I decide for over the winter.

Yall have me thinking of going with the 05 washers from Tennessee RXP but then I'll just be buying the 05 then buying the 06.

All these decisions/changes suck!!

I have 4 year warranty. I can't see spending 400 on a cluth when my warranty will cover the cluth and damage if any.

Dealership hasn't seen any of my mods yet
    So I can put it to stock if need be. They saw my front seat intake from the winterizing but I don't think they will remember.

I'm not taking my ski to the dealer any more for maintenance I'm going to do it myself just in case something happens I can put it back to stock and not have to worry about my warranty getting voided.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information