Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Here we go again!

Ok I went to the lake yesterday after buying a new fuel pump and changing all the fuel lines out(except the ones running between the carbs, there are 2, 3 inch ones) in hopes this would solve my mysterious problem. My 95 SL750 STILLLLLL dies and seemed to run ok at first, then as I started hotdogging on it again it dies at every left turn I make...except I tried something a little different when I restarted it because it did not want to start again at all after it died, I noticed it would start right away again after choking it and starting at the same time...it won't start up again unless this done! So now I wonder if possible I have a bad carb??? Please any suggestions would be great...as I am ready to sell these skis as is at this point because I am sooooooooo frustrated with this one! Still seems to be starving for fuel to me.

+1
    usaully if it bogs or dies in a left hand turn it's running to lean not enough fuel try turning you high speed adjusters out some

Can U tell me exactly how to do this?? Because I am a girl but can follow instructions!

RiverRat19405, im a rat in the water RiverRat19405's Avatar
    How much you asking for them im going to be out your way next week ill take them off your hands if the price is right

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    It does sound like fuel starvation issues. First check your screws to see if they are set correctly. The specs for the carb settings are posted in the tech section. The high speed adjustement is the screw at the top of the carbs. Turning them OUT adds more fuel.

Have you inspected or replaced the in line fuel filters?

Have you checked the water/fuel seperator for obstructions?

You need to check the fuel shut off valve for obstructions.

There are also filters inside the carbs that may be clogged.

When you replaced the fuel hoses did you re-install the restrictor into the return hose?

Similar problems

I just bought a 95 sl 750 and it has similar issues, I replaced the fuel lines, checked the compression, spark is good, It starts great and runs good until I get past 3/4 throtle and then it stahls out!! It is very hard to get started then it bogs some and back to the same issue. Any suggestions? I keep hereing about the fuel pump and this restricter thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat19405 View Post
    How much you asking for them im going to be out your way next week ill take them off your hands if the price is right

3000.00 for both and the dual trailer. Let me know if ur interested!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by slutzko View Post
    I just bought a 95 sl 750 and it has similar issues, I replaced the fuel lines, checked the compression, spark is good, It starts great and runs good until I get past 3/4 throtle and then it stahls out!! It is very hard to get started then it bogs some and back to the same issue. Any suggestions? I keep hereing about the fuel pump and this restricter thing?
    Welcome to the Hulk Slut.

3/4 throttle was a key phrase. What are the hi speed screws set at?

Also the restrictor would be needed to make fuel pressure when going WOT. Be sure to install the stock one, or make another and put it in.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStarryEyed View Post
    Can U tell me exactly how to do this?? Because I am a girl but can follow instructions!
    In your other posting I put a link to Watcon" carb tuning tips.It explain it better then I can do on here.

Carb Patterns?

Hi again,
    Today is my tinker day on my ski and I am trying to find out about carb patterns when I look inside my carbs to tell if they are running lean...can anyone assist me and tell me more about what to look for???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information