Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you do when you have 2 skis and 2 people at the ramp?

I have wondered what other people do when you get to the unloading ramp and you have 2 jet skis and 2 people to unload them. The dock is a little ways away so do you just ride yours to the dock and then hop in the truck? I always leave the truck backed into the water and drive to the dock and something seems not right about that so what do you do?

+1
    You do whatever you can to clear the ramp as quick as possible for the next guy.

Ya our ramps around here are super easy, 3 ramps and usually 99 out of a hundred times you are the only person there.

When I launch by myself I get a line of rope and attach it to the bow eye and back into the lake. Once it's off the trailer I just gently pull the line and guide it PWC over to the shore if it's not too rocky. If it is I'll find a rock or pole to attach it to so the doo stays off the shore. Then I'll drive the truck and park and swim out to the doo and hit it.

I do it the same way you do,leave the vehicle & trailer at the ramp secure my ski to the dock & then run back hop in & park the vehicle.our docks out here in az are not far from the ramp.

The Crazy CLam
    yea I would always beach it after I backed it in depending on whats around, if no one is rushing you out, then your way is just fine.

Yeah no one ever rushes me I am just kind of wondering what other people do. I definately cannot beach it because it is nothing but rocks in out lake, it really sucks.

+1
    I understand to hurry for the next guy, but...how many times do we wait on the single guy taking his fishing boat out. He has to do the same thing. launch, dock, truck. Just do what you need to do swiftly. I am always ready to help someone drive their truck and pull their boat just far enough out of the water, or help hold a line, or something. It is usually those same people willing to offer you a hand too.

Banned User
    This is a great question, and it is encouraging to see everyone chime in that basic courtesy WITH practicality is the right thing to do.

Everyone is at the ramp to launch a boat. And everyone has to tie it off somewhere. So do just that.....and do it swiftly.

For a double launch with two people, we have also tied one ski behind the other and drive out of the ramp area.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPX View Post
    This is a great question, and it is encouraging to see everyone chime in that basic courtesy WITH practicality is the right thing to do.

Everyone is at the ramp to launch a boat. And everyone has to tie it off somewhere. So do just that.....and do it swiftly.

For a double launch with two people, we have also tied one ski behind the other and drive out of the ramp area.
    I usually ask for help and offer to help someone else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information