05 rxp loss of power speed and performance (low key can only do 5 mph lots of vibes)?

05 supercharged rxp .... I am really lost here. my top speed is 55 60 with high speed key...and low speed key i go practically no where and the engine sounds like its bogging and it vibrates a lot.....???? im getting a little worried. (i noticed the oil level is like 1/4 above the top level hatch mark....that shouldnt impair performance and speed that much i think correct? ) im spellbound about the low speed key not working new to board please help if you can thanks

+1
    Sounds like you sucked something up in the pump. take a flashlight and shine from exit nozzle and see if you see something

+1
    Also oil should be at or below top notch of dip stick. What about supercharger washers o you know about those yet. If not do a search for ceramic super charger washers.

You might want to pull the plugs, check their condition, then check the compression. It should be around 120 psi... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Sounds like you sucked something up in the pump. take a flashlight and shine from exit nozzle and see if you see something
    +1... Check the exit hole of the pump to see the trailing edge of the impeller. Do the same looking through the intake grate looking all the way back at the leading edge of the impeller AND notice the wear on the wear ring. Bad vibration sounds like bad cavitation.

PS = my oil leve is exactly half way between the bends when checked warm and level.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    +2

thanks for all the suggestions. ill have to look into them this week. i really hope its not the compression (internal problems ) (if it is i know why....i bought new...and hardly used slow key...i justy jumped in with the high speed key and kept it full throttle a lot....plus i pulled a inner tube one day ....) also i recently replaced the dumb cheap steering cable due to it freezing so to speak...couldnt turn steering wheel without putting a hellofalot of effort into it,..... thanks again....its just real strange that i cant even go 10 mph in low key .....

Thread Information