Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Proper salt water protection

I ride in salt water also U will be fine if U get urself a bottle of salt away a case of wd 40 and a case of sea doo bomb lube ... before riding apply a thick coat of wd 40 to the whole entire pump area prop ride plate reverse gate spring etc etc all over deliberate spraying of wd 40 then take ur seat off and front hatch cooler and spray a deliberate thin coat of sea doo bomb lube all over everything there is NOTHING that can not get sprayed despite what some people may tell U .. (I have been doing this for many many years) spray the entire motor area and front areas with the seadoo lube also if U are noticing U are getting a lot of water in ur hull area like if U flip it or ride in heavy surf U can do what I also do very safely .. U can disconnect each electrical connection throughout the ski ONE by ONE and apply a thin coat of dialectic grease to each connection .. this is nothing more then a precaution again some one will say not to but it is fine to do I did it the day I bought my ski every single plug in module on my ski has a small coat of dialectic grease applied .... then after U are done riding for the day U spray salt away all over EVERYTING follow the mixing instructions on the salt away bottle again there is nothing on your ski that salt away cant get on spray it all over anything and everything then immediately wash the ski off with fresh water and while the drain plugs are open tilt the ski back as far as possible (good time to ask a friend or brother for help) and spray inside the hull with a light stream of water until all the salt away is gone and has drained out the drain plugs .. this is also a good time to pull out the air compressor you got from sears for 150 bucks and start drying everything off with the air gun , this works great!! after everything is completely dry U now want to apply a thin coat of the seadoo lube to the pump area prop area etc etc and inside the hull EVERYWHERE ..... repeat steps before and after each ride and ur ski will NEVER EVER rust or corrode in anyway whatsoever .... on a final note I always try to ride my ski in a fresh water river or lake even if its for 10 min's real fast after a long day in the ocean then I will flush as soon as I get home for 2/3 min's goosing it a few times and at the end one final goose of the throttle so water isn't sitting in .... hope this helps all these methods have years and years of testing behind them PS these are the same methods the US Coast Guard uses on the vessels I should know I was in for 10 plus years .....

I would like to add ..Dont forget about the trailor applying a thin coat of wd40 to it and seadoo lube once in a while will go a looooooooooong way ..

I just was out riding and was doing some sharp turns and got a TON of water over the bow. It started to feel as if there was water in the hull...
    Got home and took the seat off and there are salt remain on the motor... can i spray it down with fresh water?

try spary it off with heaps off wd 40 or inox etc and use a rag to wipe it. if you must then use water but only light mist spray.BUT only if you must.

thats was very good information. i dont no why but we both think alike lol. i take my ski out 9/10 out to the sea and every now and agine i take it to a lake just to give it a change. i had a problem with wb-40 actually a very big problem i use to spray a hole can every time because there was that much salt all over the engine and other places i some times wounder how this much water and salt get in when its only a little ripply water. anyway back to what the can done, if abused with wd-40 like i was doing every time lol it can losen brackets and bolts and shit. well thats what les cook said becuase i told him how much i use. but ur saying spray it all then spray it down with water imidiatly? can you please give me a few pointers hear step to step? this might sound noobie but i want to no were im going wrong im at seadoo centre like a bad smell with repairs

Quote Originally Posted by 270rxp View Post
    thats was very good information. i dont no why but we both think alike lol. i take my ski out 9/10 out to the sea and every now and agine i take it to a lake just to give it a change. i had a problem with wb-40 actually a very big problem i use to spray a hole can every time because there was that much salt all over the engine and other places i some times wounder how this much water and salt get in when its only a little ripply water. anyway back to what the can done, if abused with wd-40 like i was doing every time lol it can losen brackets and bolts and shit. well thats what les cook said becuase i told him how much i use. but ur saying spray it all then spray it down with water imidiatly? can you please give me a few pointers hear step to step? this might sound noobie but i want to no were im going wrong im at seadoo centre like a bad smell with repairs

very nice tip. thank you. I take my RXT out every weekend doing some saltwater fishing. i will definitely start spraying the insides with wd40.

Quote Originally Posted by poke6uy View Post
    very nice tip. thank you. I take my RXT out every weekend doing some saltwater fishing. i will definitely start spraying the insides with wd40.
    he said to spray wd40 on the outside of the ski and use bomb lube in the engine compartment. which i agree with wd40 causes some issues with rubber hoses.

also from info i gathered on here if you ride salt water consistently like i do you need to spray the inlet side of the charger to keep it from corroding on the inside

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meansvt00 View Post
    he said to spray wd40 on the outside of the ski and use bomb lube in the engine compartment. which i agree with wd40 causes some issues with rubber hoses.

also from info i gathered on here if you ride salt water consistently like i do you need to spray the inlet side of the charger to keep it from corroding on the inside

or you could just use Fluid Film on the whole damn ski!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZEDRXP View Post
    ... before riding apply a thick coat of wd 40 to the whole entire pump area prop ride plate reverse gate spring etc etc all over...
    Quote Originally Posted by meansvt00 View Post
    he said to spray wd40 on the outside of the ski..
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    or you could just use Fluid Film on the whole damn ski!!
    WD-40 is not good for plastics, hoses, seals, or rubber.

Don't spray WD-40 on the hull itself, just the metal areas of the jet pump.

Fluid Film is a good protectant for the engine exterior, when applied as a light mist. No need to soak everything. It doesn't harm plastics or rubber.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information