Gibson Install w/P1544 error code

Hello,

I just got done installing my Gibson. When I start it after about 15 seconds I get the P1544 Exhaust Code. As soon as I turn the water on it stops giving the code. Should this be a problem, or is this normal? With the Green Hulk Shorty I never got the Code Before.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieMWD View Post
    Hello,

I just got done installing my Gibson. When I start it after about 15 seconds I get the P1544 Exhaust Code. As soon as I turn the water on it stops giving the code. Should this be a problem, or is this normal? With the Green Hulk Shorty I never got the Code Before.
    Robbie, PM Hydrojunkie about it. He has some solutions...

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Hello,

that means the senser is working. keep in mind that the senser on the gh box was on the exit not on the inlet like the gibson. the senser will pick up heat sooner on the gibson because of that. you are fine

I didn't even think about the sensor being closer now. I feel pretty stupid, but I was thinking about switching the sensor and the water inlet. Right now the water inlet is in the hole closest to the muffler and I was wondering if it would make a difference to put the sensor in the hole closest to the muffler. It sounds awesome, I can't wait to hear it in the water. I was thinking about drilling out the three pissers, but I'll wait to hear it in the water first.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    I didn't even think about the sensor being closer now. I feel pretty stupid, but I was thinking about switching the sensor and the water inlet. Right now the water inlet is in the hole closest to the muffler and I was wondering if it would make a difference to put the sensor in the hole closest to the muffler. It sounds awesome, I can't wait to hear it in the water. I was thinking about drilling out the three pissers, but I'll wait to hear it in the water first.

drilling the pisser's are fine. you can move it i never tried. glad you are happy. when you try it post some results. thanks again

+1
    If your still having problems then try closing off the hose that is comming from the T to the muffler... this is what I had to do in order to get rid of the alert message. I also drilled the 3 holes on the j-pipe bigger. Since the T hose is bigger it allows more water to bypass the j-pipe causing the sensor to throw an alert.

I have put 10 hours on my Gibson and so far not a single problem with it... love the sound thats for sure!

Thread Information