Thread: Water Ingestion-98 gtx
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Warren, OH
Water Ingestion-98 gtx
I have a 1998 GTX limted that i have just purchased from someone who blew the motor up. once i got the motor tore down, i found there was a rod through the case and the mag cylinder still had about a half inch of water in it, so apparently had to do with water ingestion. So here is my question, what is the best mod that can be had to try to avoid this or what have some others done?
07-05-2008, 03:40 PM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
1. Don't roll the ski up-side down.
2. Make sure no hoses blow loose.
3. Drain plugs always in when launching.
4. Don't let anyone ride your ski, to prevent steps 1-3 from happening. 90% of failures happen from inexperienced riders.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Pettee in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 28Last Post: 06-18-2013, 06:14 AM
By boostedgta in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-27-2012, 10:47 PM
By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 29Last Post: 10-22-2005, 01:24 PM
By Denali44 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 06-26-2005, 11:12 AM